Are customers going to stalk us now?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
image.jpeg
Why Is it pathetic? I was trying to help out th driver.

10 point

Does this thing track us in real time, or based on the theoretical Orion delivery times?
A customer on my route yesterday asked me if I liked the fact that she could track me in real time.
She said that she felt that was intrusive for us drivers.
The conversation took me by surprise.

35years

Gravy route
I won't respond to people honking at me, yelling to me, waving at me, or placing their car in front of mine. If they approach me on the street I tell them that the truck is too full to dig out their box.

Isn't there a process for regulating technological innovations in the current contract? Is the union doing anything to make sure this tracking information does not endanger driver's safety? Shouldn't the implementation have some controls especially for rough neighborhoods or drivers who have restraining orders against ex-spouses?

35years

Gravy route
I have had thieves follow me around and take several packages. Can you imagine if they have a real time map of the driver's movements?

The bigger question is what is the real reason for implementing this new service that no one seams to be asking for? Is it to save UPS money by sending customers to the driver when/where he is on break? Because I do not stop my break to dig out boxes for anyone.

clean hairy

There will be the awkward situations to deal with as well.
Say you are at a business and a car pulls up and a guy gets out.
"Glad I finally caught up with you!"
"My Uncle who lives at 123 Main St asked me to pick up his package from you"
"Also, my neighbor at 215 Elm St, and my Cousin at the No Name Apartments, Bldg 3, # 9, asked me to get their packages as well"
"Just give them to me, and I will get them to these folks"
"If you people would deliver when folks are home, I would not have to do your job and get these packages to these people! Hurry up, I have things I have to do!"
And to think some Rookie trying to make their 30 days will fall for this, thinking they just got rid of 3 stops they will not have to make.