Remote Delivery!

Other work

Why would ups try remote delivery again? When it didn’t work in the past!
Especially since everyone tracks their packages nowadays, it would be worse now, we will lose a lot of customers! Doesn’t make sense!
In my opinion!

Cheesypurpletees

Especially since everyone tracks their packages nowadays, it would be worse now, we will lose a lot of customers! Doesn’t make sense!
In my opinion!

Maybe it’ll be a negotiation tool for the upcoming contract

HyperBrn

In my opinion!
From what I was told, the customers affected will have their est date of delivery automatically adjusted. So the "delay" caused by deferred delivery would be "baked in". That won't stop some of the nitpicky customers from wondering why their packages are in "Arrived at XXX facility" (XXX being their local UPS center) for "extended periods".

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
In my opinion!

There is such a thing as a “Remote Charge”. It applies to any address judged far enough from the local center or hub.

I once suggested billing by distances.. price shipping accordingly. Example would be like intrastate, why charge the same if the final destination is 40 miles away compared to 300 miles.

Last edited:

pkgdriver

There is such a thing as a “Remote Charge”. It applies to any address judged far enough from the local center or hub.

I once suggested billing by distances.. price shipping accordingly. Example would be like intrastate, why charge the same if the final destination is 40 miles away compared to 300 miles.
I believe Next Day Air was one set price at one time. RI to Commiefornia and RI to Virgina was the same price.

DOK

Agreed, why not just price accordingly to make it profitable?

DOK

In my opinion!
Anyone hear if this is getting implemented all over the US or just remote areas? Would think it would be a lot of packages to store and re-handle, like in NYC, Los Angeles etc

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I think they've already been doing that to some extent for a while.
Too much fluctuation on my route.
I don't know what to believe
Noticed the train yard was practically jam-packed and multiple different trailer yards stuffed full yesterday. Maybe it's just one big conspiracy, every shipping company run by aliens.

but FYI I think the route fluctuations is because UPS told shippers to stop sending partial trailers.

I don't know what to believe
Noticed the train yard was practically jam-packed and multiple different trailer yards stuffed full yesterday. Maybe it's just one big conspiracy, every shipping company run by aliens.

but FYI I think the route fluctuations is because UPS told shippers to stop sending partial trailers.
Too many differences on stops for sections on certain days

Let the anal probing begin
giphy (2) (6).gif