Are driver helpers allowed to pick which drivers they assist?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Why would you want to bust your ass and freeze your balls off when you can sit inside a warm pickup truck and plow snow.

Most if not all of the lawn care companies locally plow snow for those same customers.
Or add junk removal to his list. I imagine there is a lot of garbage and junk lying around he could haul off

Retiree

You will be provided with a jacket and long pants. You can change in the locker room after your shift. You will meet the driver on road. Shorts are not normally an option.

This year there will be test sites around the country where the helpers will wear their own clothes and UPS will provide a reflective vest identifying them as a UPS helper. No uniform will be issued.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Kind of tough to do that during a typical New England winter but your point is a good one.

Down here, all the landscaping guys do that in "off season" as well or pressure washing is big in "winter" here.

Our cold spell rarely goes below 40. It's cheaper to get your house pressure washed when it's colder down here.

I can imagine snow removal up there would be lucrative as well

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
barbara_stanwyck_legs.jpg
That's my kind of broad. Real classy-like.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Why would you want to bust your ass and freeze your balls off when you can sit inside a warm pickup truck and plow snow.

Most if not all of the lawn care companies locally plow snow for those same customers.

Obviously, guy. I wouldnt even think about OT at UPS if it snowed every day. I plowed 4 times last winter

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Yes, you can list your preference for drivers, in order from most to least, when you sign the list; however, the best way to make sure that you are matched with the driver that you most prefer to work with is to get with that driver and ask him/her if he/she wants to work with you and, if so, to have them pass this along to HR and/or the helper coordinator.

I will once again be using the son of our night sort manager as my Peak helper.
Haha

tadpole

There might be a person called a helper coordinator working in your center for peak. They might ask you where you live, and try to set you up with a driver in your area. Or you may get sent out with whoever needs it. In any case, they will discuss it with you and you will have a chance to request a certain driver. If you don't want to work with a driver, or they don't want to work with you, you can say no, or they can say give me someone else.

For me personally, I would rather have a non preloaded for a helper. Preloaders are going to be tired and might not want to keep working as long as I need them.