Are drivers spending over 1/2 their income on rent/mortgage & utilities?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

anonymous23456

You work so many hours. Yes you need to “budget” and eat out less but are you bogged down?
zzts0prius541.png

James McMillan III (born December 1, 1946)[1] is an American political activist and Vietnam War veteran. He was a perennial candidate in New York City.

Sadly, Jim has left politics for good!

Brownwind

You work so many hours. Yes you need to “budget” and eat out less but are you bogged down?
Fake news. Most of us paid cash for our current home and have side income.

Foolish to live beyond your means. Work hard and enjoy the benefits.

Brownwind

Don’t be a doosh. Most of us? You *?
Nope not *. Been called special a few times. Appreciate your honesty.
Been here 35 years now and most of the people I work with sold their first homes and used the proceeds to pay for their next home or leveraged their investment properties to pay cash for their home.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Been here 35 years now and most of the people I work with sold their first homes and used the proceeds to pay for their next home or leveraged their investment properties to pay cash for their home.
Good for you

Brownwind

Good for you
You sound like you’re doing pretty well yourself. I know it’s not cheap living down there in paradise. I probably shouldn’t assume what others are doing.
Reading most of these posts it sounds like the majority on this site are rolling and not hurting.

UnionStrong

You sound like you’re doing pretty well yourself. I know it’s not cheap living down there in paradise. I probably shouldn’t assume what others are doing.
Reading most of these posts it sounds like the majority on this site are rolling and not hurting.
Maybe

BrownStains

how much was a house 35 years ago compared to now ?

Brownwind

Not even a comparison. I was comparing five years ago to now.
The twenty somethings and thirty year old guys sold their starter homes and paid cash for their new home.

I’m getting an education. Didn’t realize the markets were so extreme in this country. All I know is if you bought a home five years ago it’s worth double now

Brownwind

I bought twenty years ago. Remember in the early 2000’s it was a different time. Now you should buy property with mineral rights or the option to subdivide. Remember no matter where you live there is a housing crisis.

I cant answer for everyone but I know you will never lose in buying property.

UnionStrong

I bought twenty years ago. Remember in the early 2000’s it was a different time. Now you should buy property with mineral rights or the option to subdivide. Remember no matter where you live there is a housing crisis.

Who’s got mineral rights? Lol

Up In Smoke

Property yes, a home no. When the standard deduction allowed many more write offs, home ownership was a means to build wealth. Now, home ownership doesn't provide the tax incentives necessary to take that leap.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Bought my first house at 18 years old for 20k did a little work on it sold it 6 months later for 37k it was 2 easy back in the day with a little bit of effort and cash you could double your money very easily did that on the side for about 12 years partner and I decided to retire sold the business told ups to :censored2: off and here we are