Are Our Cellphones Killing Us?

over9five

Staff member
It has long been rumored that cellphone radiation causes cancer. A new study suggests an increased risk for people who have had cellphones for ten years.

There is also a link to check your phones radiation output.

We should have followed STUG's lead!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I saw a film clip where some kids place 4 phones at N. S. E. & W. all facing inward with some unpopped popcorn in the center. They dial all the phones and the kernels pop.

I'm glad I never fell for the cell phone craze. When I leave the house I don't want anyone to find me. If I come across trouble, 99% of the other people have a phone for me to use.

klein

Für Meno :)
The popcorn was a trick actually, it's a fake vid.

Here's a nice vid though.
Would have liked to find one that was here on the news, showing European countries banning them for children, or atleast have warnings for children not to use them.
While Health Canada or your FDA is just sitting by , here in North America.

[video=youtube;2GD_BKTWyTY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GD_BKTWyTY[/video]

Big Babooba

Seems like everything is bad for you nowadays. Too much of:
sugar - diabetes
tobacco - cancer
alcohol - cirrhosis
sex - insanity (children will drive you mad)
And of course we all know what happens if you don't stop "it" - you'll go blind!!!
(I gotta get new glasses, seems like my eyesight is getting worse and worse):happy-very:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I keep a Verizon G'zOne Boulder death machine in my shirt pocket next to my heart. It puts out 1.34 W/kg of radioactive mayhem. Its built to military specs and picks up anywhere. My wife used to have a Motorola that would get so hot next to her head she couldn't use it. I noticed the Blackberrys on that list put out a lot also. I only had about 47 minutes on my cell phone bill last month, I don't talk on the phone that much.

I wonder what this notebook in my lap puts out.:whiteflag:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I almost got sideswiped by a college coed who was texting just last week. She was totally oblivious to her surroundings.:angry:
Know what you mean. I keep an eye out for them - to stay out of their way and to cut in front of them in a queue of traffic. Cellphoners and texters are so slow to react when the traffic starts moving.

Not to mention tractor-trailers. :peaceful: