Are the amount of oversized packages at an all time high ?

watdaflock?

his wasn't amazon. I just get so mad at the preloaders. I had at least 4-5 packages Friday that were wide open with stuff falling out.

Preloaders are not responsible to tape boxes in my hub. The sorters are*.

*Which they rarely do.

Once we start shutting down the belt to retape boxes the Sups will finally say something to the goons unloading trailers in the back.

Funniest thing was then my Sup mentioned having a person in the back to specifically tape open boxes.....joke among a few of us is "tape-boy" has been on vacation or FMLA for months.

HBGPreloader

Far too many preloaders have no idea about (or give no smile*s about) the purpose of a tape gun.
In our building, preloaders aren't allowed to have tape guns. When I asked why, I was told we might steal stuff out of a box and tape the box back up.
Just trying to find a full roll of packing tape is a PITA. And, since lazy drivers don't do their jobs and properly mark 70#+, finding over 70 tape is nearly impossible.

HBGPreloader

Preloaders are not responsible to tape boxes in my hub. The sorters are*.

*Which they rarely do.

Once we start shutting down the belt to retape boxes the Sups will finally say something to the goons unloading trailers in the back.

Funniest thing was then my Sup mentioned having a person in the back to specifically tape open boxes.....joke among a few of us is "tape-boy" has been on vacation or FMLA for months.
Here I thought it was everyone's job to ensure job quality. And, the moment that someone notices that a package needs tape, they're supposed to address it immediately.
I'm paid by the hour. So, I'm going to do the job, I might as well try to do it right.

Foamer Pyle

I have a Nissan Altima so my options are limited when it comes to moving large items.

I have used my lunch break to haul large items in my pkg car from the store to my home.
They monitor how far we drive for lunch. We are allowed to travel about 1.5 miles. I have been brought in the office before and told that i wasn't allowed to eat at a Subway restaurant anymore because it was too far. Wound up being a couple miles each way. I am sure they would have a fit, if I used their truck to haul my personal items.

Overpaid Union Thug

They monitor how far we drive for lunch. We are allowed to travel about 1.5 miles. I have been brought in the office before and told that i wasn't allowed to eat at a Subway restaurant anymore because it was too far. Wound up being a couple miles each way. I am sure they would have a fit, if I used their truck to haul my personal items.
Were there other options in the area? If not they don't have a say in the matter. Per the DOT.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I am sure they would have a fit, if I used their truck to haul my personal items.

one of the bennies of FX HD... we can do whatever we want with our package cars after we're done, including going straight home with the stepvan. we are supposed to have Label Covers to block out the FedEx name when using them for non-business reasons, but i haven't found them lately

Dr.Brownz

The vet that I deliver to asks that we put bulk deliveries in their garage, which is much easier than bringing them inside, and then go in and get a signature.
good for you there are stopa like that everywhere I leave the fruit packing sheds paper down stairs then walk up 3 flights to get a sig; to answer your question from earlier: no the mosdelivered boxes went to a different bussiness several blocks away; why? You going to say you would have been a superstar and delivered fedex boxes?!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

good for you there are stopa like that everywhere I leave the fruit packing sheds paper down stairs then walk up 3 flights to get a sig; to answer your question from earlier: no the mosdelivered boxes went to a different bussiness several blocks away; why? You going to say you would have been a superstar and delivered fedex boxes?!

Absolutely not.

All I am saying is that you probably ran your mouth which led to the second concern.

Dr.Brownz

Absolutely not.

All I am saying is that you probably ran your mouth which led to the second concern.
Yeah ok telling a guy those are fedex boxes is not rude; its amazing how you know how to do everyones jobs better than them and you somehow know what happened in an interaction that took place over 1000 miles from you

All im saying is its pathetic that you take time to critique drivers you have never met: you should go into management with that skill set

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah ok telling a guy those are fedex boxes is not rude; its amazing how you know how to do everyones jobs better than them and you somehow know what happened in an interaction that took place over 1000 miles from you

All im saying is its pathetic that you take time to critique drivers you have never met: you should go into management with that skill set

So what did the second concern say?

Johney

one of the bennies of FX HD... we can do whatever we want with our package cars after we're done, including going straight home with the stepvan. we are supposed to have Label Covers to block out the FedEx name when using them for non-business reasons, but i haven't found them lately
Outstanding! So what happens on one of these little non-business outings and you get into an accident? They sue you or Fed-Ex? I guess if you cover up the markings they'd never know huh?