Are the amount of oversized packages at an all time high ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The couches were ordered by an employee who did not bother to ask for permission, hence the upset receiver.

The cases of paper were delivered by Ground at a different stop. Customer called in a concern. OMS directed our driver to go back, even though he did not make the delivery, hence the upset driver.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I agree 100%. Incs are triple what we had last year. I'm guessing we picked up a lot from Fedex ground. Their dimensional weight pricing must have gone up more than ours. Like fingerhut which shows as BBI on the label. They can have that crap back.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The couches were ordered by an employee who did not bother to ask for permission, hence the upset receiver.

The cases of paper were delivered by Ground at a different stop. Customer called in a concern. OMS directed our driver to go back, even though he did not make the delivery, hence the upset driver.

Ok, ok. You have a special ability to read between the lines and come to conclusions that us mere mortals can't.

@Dr.Brownz, did you or did you not post you were upset?

trickpony1

One of the perks of being a runner gunner is they look the other way for minor infractions.

All someone has to do is pick up the phone. It doesn't even have to be a UPS employee.

If you want to gamble with your livelihood, condo, Altima and $5000 a month pension (almost twice what I get) then go ahead.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ok, ok. You have a special ability to read between the lines and come to conclusions that us mere mortals can't.

@Dr.Brownz, did you or did you not post you were upset?

"And then (same day as the sleep number and couches) I got a concern that I delivered a bunch of paper to the wrong office , told them I didn't go there that day, OMS lady insisted I go so I went to check and it was all FEDEX boxes. The guy there insisted that I move it for him, said no thats not my job. Got another concern. LOL"

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
"And then (same day as the sleep number and couches) I got a concern that I delivered a bunch of paper to the wrong office , told them I didn't go there that day, OMS lady insisted I go so I went to check and it was all FEDEX boxes. The guy there insisted that I move it for him, said no thats not my job. Got another concern. LOL"

And? He could have been laughing the whole time at the idiocy of the situation.

He never said he was upset.

You really, really amuse me, Dave.:)

box_beeyotch

I would have called my sup and told him the situation and did what he asked me to do. Forget the OMS lady, what the hell are they going to do about it? 9 times out of 10 any competent sup could have pulled delivery records and seen you weren't there that day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would have called my sup and told him the situation and did what he asked me to do. Forget the OMS lady, what the hell are they going to do about it? 9 times out of 10 any competent sup could have pulled delivery records and seen you weren't there that day.

Huh? The concern needed to be addressed/closed out that day.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
"Sir, those are FedEx packages. You need to call FedEx if you would like to have them moved."

Had he limited the conversation to that there would not have been a second concern.
If I was his supe, I would throw the concern in the trash.

Dumby should have called FedEx for a FedEx mistake.