Are UPSers doing OK $ wise? Suggestions?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm having a good lobster catching year.
Gave away 89 lobsters in July and 24 in June.
Some to family, others to friends and some to strangers.
Now if the daily temperture would go down to normal levels, I could haul the traps more.

mcsketcher

Sure. You can get a $100k/yr job anywhere.
Takes 4yrs to get to that level working reasonable hours. Dude I know worked his way up to management from PT maint at Coca Cola in less time. They’ll even pay for your CDL if you want to work your way up just driving.

I’m not sure how some people still don’t see how far UPS has fallen. At least be realistic. It’s an OK but demanding job now. It ain’t upper middle class to be working 55-60 hrs a week just to break into $100k.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Takes 4yrs to get to that level working reasonable hours. Dude I know worked his way up to management from PT maint at Coca Cola in less time. They’ll even pay for your CDL if you want to work your way up just driving.

I’m not sure how some people still don’t see how far UPS has fallen. At least be realistic. It’s an OK but demanding job now. It ain’t upper middle class to be working 55-60 hrs a week just to break into $100k.
It’s a dinosaur

BrownStains

I worked for 10 years at ups part time pre load before I was able to win a full time driving bid . So it took me 14 years to get to the top rate. Many others out there that did the same. Now ,it is different . Still a great job though. 90k plus benefits like paid vacation, health insurance , pensions for a job that you don’t have to goto college for.

mcsketcher

I worked for 10 years at ups part time pre load before I was able to win a full time driving bid . So it took me 14 years to get to the top rate. Many others out there that did the same. Now ,it is different . Still a great job though. 90k plus benefits like paid vacation, health insurance , pensions for a job that you don’t have to goto college for.
Well, I was talking about the progression of driver pay, but yeah, if you don’t start as a driver it’ll take longer today too.

I’m not saying it’s not a good job all things considered. Potential for yearly earnings is good. Insurance is good. 4 years to top pay once you’re a driver is not good. The ridiculous performance expectations are not good. And the contract softening in the company’s favor every time and lackadaisical enforcement of what is in the workers’ interest is really bad, especially looking toward the future.