Are we on the brink of WW3? (On Topic Please)

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Hillary on the other hand wants to impose a no fly zone in Syria. Think the Russians will throw their hands up and leave when that happens?
A no-fly zone would never get through the security council without a Russian approval anyways. It would be a joint operation

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
At one time Minnesota was considered one of the first places to feel the effects of a major nuclear attach being that it was next door to North Dakota which was filled with big NORAD underground rocket silos and we are downwind from them. As far as I know most of them have been abandoned so we would get to suffer a little longer.
I believe all the ones around Grand Forks AFB have been imploded, but the ones to the west are still active. GFAFB is still a big target because of all the drone operations, so probably still a high value target.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I believe all the ones around Grand Forks AFB have been imploded, but the ones to the west are still active. GFAFB is still a big target because of all the drone operations, so probably still a high value target.

My little city was a target back in the Cold War because of an aircraft engine plant and an electronics plant making components for radars.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
My little city was a target back in the Cold War because of an aircraft engine plant and an electronics plant making components for radars.
My hometown made Hitler's top 10 list in WW2. We were the largest manufacturer of brass and other metal objects. Specifically bullets and artillery rounds.

All of it gone now. Pretty sad.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My hometown made Hitler's top 10 list in WW2. We were the largest manufacturer of brass and other metal objects. Specifically bullets and artillery rounds.

All of it gone now. Pretty sad.

I'm not sure if any radar boards are being made here anymore, but turbine engines for helicopters and a speciality engine for Goodyear's blimps are still here.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Great, I'm their neighbor also with an air force base in my town so I bet we are a big target as well.

While delivering in extended areas I am always driving by missile sites out in the middle of no where.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Good lord I can't believe you guys think WW3 would ever happen, much less have Russia and the US on opposite sides lol. If there is another "world war" it won't involve just humans. Technological singularity is coming, I know a large portion of this site's visitors won't be alive that long, but it's coming.... for our sake I hope it doesn't involve war because we won't win.

BrownArmy

Good lord I can't believe you guys think WW3 would ever happen, much less have Russia and the US on opposite sides lol. If there is another "world war" it won't involve just humans. Technological singularity is coming, I know a large portion of this site's visitors won't be alive that long, but it's coming.... for our sake I hope it doesn't involve war because we won't win.

This.