Are we on the brink of WW3? (On Topic Please)

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
As if hiding under your school desk with your hands over your head would help you. :-)

Agreed. But we also had to see these in the hallway every day.

radioactive.png

Inthegame

I can just imagine a few weeks into the war there will be a news headline "ICBM missile headed toward X city, please evacuate"
Do you think these ICBM's will be coming at us on a boat? Evacuate? A few weeks into a nuclear war there won't be any news headlines friend, just ashes.

newfie

when gorbachev gave up germany the deal was "not one inch to the east".

imagine if a hostile military alliance had expanded to the mexican border....

I noticed you chose your words carefully. a hostile military alliance did not expand to the Russian border. The soviet union collapsed . Each country then developed their own leadership and alliance.

by the way referencing your example we had a hostile military alliance 90 miles off our border which was and still some would argue still is a hostile Cuba which aligned with the soviets.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I learned to duck & cover under old solid wooden and iron desks , not like those plastic desks in the video clip.
The bank a few minutes run away was the nearest fall out shelter , the other way lead to a Naval Base.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I noticed you chose your words carefully. a hostile military alliance did not expand to the Russian border. The soviet union collapsed . Each country then developed their own leadership and alliance.

by the way referencing your example we had a hostile military alliance 90 miles off our border which was and still some would argue still is a hostile Cuba which aligned with the soviets.
Until the USSR fell apart and they stopped giving Cuba money.

rickyb

you might look into that lol.

an equivalent would be whatever that russian military alliance was called cant remember the name.

btw your aware the americans invaded cuba and took it over from spain who previously ruled it with an iron fist. until cuba broke away from you.