Are we seeing a trend?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"Science" is the new religion, doctors and "scientists" are the new preists. Those who follow "science" are guilty of the same blind faith they accuse religious people of having. If you bring up a valid point with them that casts any doubt on their beliefs, they can only respond with personal attacks.

These sorts of people cannot be swayed by logic. They have over-developed amygdalas, and under-developed frontal lobes, (I'll wait while you quickly google those things so you can pretend to be an expert when you reply) so their thinking is controlled by emotion and survival insticts.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's only transferable by the exchange of body fluids. So if the mother doesn't have it, the baby is not going to get it. I don't have a problem with the vaccine itself, everyone should get it, but I do have a problem administering the first dose when the kid is less than 24 hours old. Why is it foolish to not get it before leaving the Hospital? It could easily be administered by your pediatrician later on. But it's "foolish" because that's what they want you to believe. They know they will get better vaccinated numbers if they administer it while they have you captive.....not because anyone believes a baby is at risk of getting Hep B. Nobody believes that. I'm sorry better numbers is not a good enough reason to be injecting a newborn baby with foreign antibodies.

Again I don't have a problem with it, but I do have a problem of when and why they give it when they do. Look past all the propaganda that is put out, seriously read on who gets Hep B, and then tell me why a newborn, with a mother that has been tested negative and is less than 24 hours old, need that vaccine.
So you don't believe the "propaganda".
Mkay.
Can you link me to your research that says getting the vaccine at 5 days old is some how safer than after birth?

The baby didn't magically appear from a space god miracle, it's been cooking in the oven for quite some time.

Are you suggesting if the baby came 5 days before the due date, you should wait till day 10 instead of 5? This is just silly.

People get wrapped up in fear when they have a newborn, sometimes that fear defies logic.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Will Cook County be home to the next big measles outbreak? Researchers think so.

Researchers who in 2015 correctly predicted where the Zika outbreak would strike in the U.S. say they think the country’s next big measles outbreak is most likely to happen in Cook County.

Since the 2015 work on Zika, Sarkar learned that a widely discredited former physician who claimed the vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella can cause autism has relocated to Austin and gained a following. Sarkar did the measles study to warn people what could happen if they choose “conspiracy theories” over science.

“It occurred to me that perhaps besides the vaccine resistance from people who bought into this false notion that the MMR vaccine has a link to autism … the other crucial factor would be the volume of travel from countries outside the U.S. where there have been epidemics,” including in European countries and the Philippines, Sarkar said.

moreluck

golden ticket member
No one starts school until they are vaccinated…..no exceptions. If you don't like that, then pay for a private tutor to come to your home which will be under quarantine.

Box Ox

"Science" is the new religion, doctors and "scientists" are the new preists. Those who follow "science" are guilty of the same blind faith they accuse religious people of having.

I'll take the "religion" of science, which is based upon repeated experiments and observations that describe aspects of the natural world over throwing my hands up in the air and attributing a game winning field goal or lucky break to a man peeping on me from the sky any day.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'll take the "religion" of science, which is based upon repeated experiments and observations that describe aspects of the natural world over throwing my hands up in the air and attributing a game winning field goal or lucky break to a man peeping on me from the sky any day.

I'll take the tool of science, which is extremely useful to help us understand the world around us. As a human, subject to the limitations of humanity, I realize that my understanding of the world around me will never be perfect, no matter how much science I use or read about. I also understand those limitations apply to people in the different science fields. Moreover, they apply to the people who believe in the mystical wondrousness and infallibity of "science" as they attempt to proselytize poor, ignorant, non-believers.

Box Ox

I'll take the tool of science, which is extremely useful to help us understand the world around us. As a human, subject to the limitations of humanity, I realize that my understanding of the world around me will never be perfect, no matter how much science I use or read about. I also understand those limitations apply to people in the different science fields. Moreover, they apply to the people who believe in the mystical wondrousness and infallibity of "science" as they attempt to proselytize poor, ignorant, non-believers.

There's a difference between saying science is "infallible" (as various religions refer to their holy books and magical beings) and saying science is the best chance we've got at properly understanding the world around us and addressing the issues humanity faces every day. And scientific understanding is always evolving. It's why we enjoy a steady stream of technological changes. And why we can communicate here on BrownCafe.

Religions are limited to the understandings of the writers of their holy books circa hundreds and thousands of years ago. Some of their principles remain good, and true. But many haven't aged well at all and do nothing to help humanity move forward in any way at all.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Which doctors advice should we follow:
-the doctor that graduated in the top 10% of his class and has his own practice or;
-the doctor that graduated in the bottom 10% of the class and works at a clinic or;
-the doctor that gets a kickback for pimping medications and injections that aren't needed.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed is King!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
There's a difference between saying science is "infallible" (as various religions refer to their holy books and magical beings) and saying science is the best chance we've got at properly understanding the world around us and addressing the issues humanity faces every day. And scientific understanding is always evolving. It's why we enjoy a steady stream of technological changes. And why we can communicate here on BrownCafe.

Religions are limited to the understandings of the writers of their holy books circa hundreds and thousands of years ago. Some of their principles remain good, and true. But many haven't aged well at all and do nothing to help humanity move forward in any way at all.

The issue is with the people, not the institutions. People tend to need a place holder for all of the things they can't explain, so they can get on with their lives. It can lead to misunderstanding, but people do it anyway. There is a difference between what science is and what people perceive it to be.