Are we weather wimps?

clean hairy

Consider an Employee ordered to come in and stating they don't feel safe driving in the ice and snow.
Managment then ORDERS the Employee (who may feel they have to come in and doesn't know better) to come in or never show up again.
The Employee gets T-Boned, ends up in the Hospital with severe injuries.
Potentially, a Jury could rule the Company liable with huge damage award.

Could be why they are closing in bad weather more often now.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My center manager gets mad at me because I rarely use EC. He tells me not to be a hero. I'm no hero but an old school driver that still puts his customers first.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes. But people suck now. You nick a fence post and they want the whole fence replaced. They see UPS and see $$$.
Yep. Once left a 3 ft run in a yard with no grass.

I didn't think of it as an accident because to me it would take 2 minutes to fix with a shovel. Ups gave the guy $400.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It has to do with the culture of safety these days. Yes the liability factor is plays into that. The company isn't willing to take unnecessary risks. Why go out in a blizzard? 99% of packages aren't that important.

My center manager said, "This isn't the UPS of the '80's, safety is #1". Service must take a back seat to safety.
Interesting. Wonder why there was a corporate directive for no EC in my area today? Even with almost a foot of snow on the road and an ice storm rolling in.

But remember safety first!!!!!