Are you ok.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
bell

actually not

ups nor its sups can not release any information to anyone without the express permission of that employee. period. has nothing to do with hippa

as for ups stats or information, ever notice they are all raw stats and no names?

privacy is usually taken very seriously at ups. and until the driver allows the spread of news, ups cant, anymore than a newspaper.

d

feeder53

ADKtrails
Tie, good post, UPS is not just a company it is a group of people first. Sometimes we need to be reminded of some of the simple things.

feeder53

ADKtrails
Here in my building we have a wall of all those who payed the ultimate.....we all walk by each morning......it is about people

Braveheart

Let me sidestep my normal role as the BC Management hardhead and ask for a little help from my management co-workers. Those who post here and those who lurk in the background.

When you have someone involved in an accident please show some concern for that person or persons first before you worry about who screwed up or any service issues.

I had a couple of drivers involved in an accident.

My boss is standing nearby when my sup gets the first call. He gives my boss the details. My boss responds by showing anger at the accident and concern for servicing the loads and never asks the questions are the drivers ok. Meanwhile some of my other drivers nearby overhear the conversation.

As management in this company I hope we have not become so desensitized to the welfare of our people that we have forgotten how to show some concern for their well being. The equipment can be repaired or replaced and the packages can usually be serviced somehow since we are very good at what we do.

Show some concern for the welfare of your people before you worry about the consequences and what you may have to do to service the packages.

You see the posts here as to why we often have a hard time getting our people to buy into our safety efforts. I'm sure our lack of compassion is a big reason. they see it and therefore don't believe we are sincere.

In my career I have often felt I had to clean up the mess left by these types of attitudes or even apologize for someone elses insensitivity. It gets old . It really gets old.

SDFMSB
Wow?! Nice to see something from the heart. We had the same thing happen at panels. Manager was asked what do you say when a driver calls in about an accident and he said it perfect, ask if the employee is ok, is anyone else hurt, etc etc.

Problem was he said in his earlier testimony that he never asked if the driver was hurt or if he was ok. Only wanted to know what was hit and is the truck ok.

We are so the world is coming to an end attitude since we went public with our stock that we are losing our minds.