Arizona Transfer - Need advice PLEASE

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
The school transfer is a part time option. There's a stupid building list for drivers. As a matter of fact, it's up in my center right now. The reality is when your husband transfers, he's laid off until the works available. And when you're laid off, you lose your benefits. You'll have to pay the COBRA rate to keep them and it's not cheap. It's a financial catastrophe to transfer unless you go to a place that needs the people. From your last posts, it seems like you want both. I totally understand. I transferred and it ruined us financially and my marriage went with it. If you can handle the asthma with meds and save up for some clean air vacations to visit the family then that's not a terrible thing at all. If your health is really suffering though, then it's a no brainer. Try to transfer until you absolutely can't live there anymore. Make sure you save up enough money for 6-12 months of living expenses and then plan your break with UPS. There's life after UPS. The benefits really are nice...agreed, but you can make the shift. Good luck with everything and I truly hope it all works out for you. Hope for the best, but plan for the worst. It never fails.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

enroll as a full time student near your desired location, transfer then drop out? is that possible?[/QUOTE

You have to enroll in classes whicH mean you have to pay $$$$ the college for those classes. Lat time I knew you don't get a refund if you choose not to go to classes. So you although it might work your going to lose money.

Yes, it is possible to do as Special K suggested, but it is fraud.

upsguy, most colleges have a 2 week period after classes start where you can get a 100% refund.

instantK

Unless you already have to be a student while working at your current UPS?

I only knew of one FT driver that was considered a full time student, he took night classes and weekends, not sure how the heck he did it......

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Educational transfers are a perk offered to those employees who are serious about either starting or continuing their education at a location other than their current one. Each situation is unique but generally you would retain your company seniority while losing your building seniority. The abuse of this perk in the manner you suggested is fraud.