ARS packages in Letter Box

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Had a person come up to me today with an ARS pkg. She said she tried to put it in my letter box but couldn't open the door. I checked it out and it was jammed with one of those Direct Tv returns. Many times I have to struggle to get all the ARS clothing bags out of the thing. Another good idea dreamed up by someone that never left their desk. BM

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I dunno if this only happens in my neck of the woods, but if there's a post office on a run i'm covering and i have to deliver to it; it never fails that i will walk out with at least half a dozen ARS dropoffs they've had sitting there for months. People are complete idiots sometimes...Maybe next time i order browns, i'll slap the label on the box and leave it on one of those morons' front porch and act completely surprised when my package never arrives :w00t:

Overpaid Union Thug

USPS and FedEx packages, stacks of packages on top of the box that won't fit, and stuck packages are all part of dealing with drop boxes. People are just ignorant and also don't pay attention to what they are doing. Around here the packages that are left on top of the drop box are non-ARS Ground packages. I haven't been an air driver much lately but when I was I never saw any Air packages left on top. Kind of strange. Other drivers bitched but I didn't because I was sure as hell coding "07" when it happened. Same with the UPS stores. There were always plenty of Ground that weren't ARSs. $$$$$

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
I've seen all that before. One of my favorites when I was covering an letter box route was this one lady who put all her bills (USPS) in the box the middle of every month. At first I was a nice guy and put them in a mail box later in the route. After about 6 months of her not getting it I decided to let them sit there for a few weeks. Never had a problem after that :lol:

ExupserNaples

Same here EAM i used to do a letter box in a 1200 home gated community. They had a "Town Center" with a post office little store gas pumps etc. This lady put her mail in the box every day!!! The "post Office" outgoing mail was right by the mail boxes (like a post office with P.O. boxes) finally I got the address and the next day when I was on her street I told her she was using the wrong box ( the big red indoor UPS Drop box) she looked at me as if I was from another planet then closed the door in my face. The next day guess what, her mail in the box, it sat there about 6 weeks or so building up every day then no more so I deposited all the mail in the USPS box and never saw her mail again.....

DS

Fenderbender
I have his one lbx p/u that gos overboard...
got text msgd...lady is waiting...cant fit in box

browned_out

I recently read in one of the UPS publications, that they are allowing people to use the drop boxes for any ARS packages. I don't know about you but thats all the drop boxes seem to be used for where I drive (not air).

rod

Retired 22 years
At least they are stuffing your drop boxes with mail and ARS pkgs. Some clown put a dead muskrat in one of mine.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We had a driver kept getting someones mail in the Lbox. He finally took the mail to her house and set her straight. End of problem.

browniehound

We once had a "newbie" driver on an air route see an Airborne Express package in our letter boxes and thought nothing of it. He didn't take it of our's and move it to the Airborne letter box next to ours. For a whole week+ he pick up this letter box while leaving the Airborne package in there. Finally the :censored2: that deposited the letter called UPS and now the blame was on the new driver. Go figure, a grown adult can't distiguish between UPS and Airborne and its a new driver's fault for not knowing what to do.:confused:1