Article 7

Turtle17

What is the re on article 7 how long do managent have to act in discipline on this. Yes I grieved it how long does it stay in file ??!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Turtle17

Ok maybe this will be better question,,,,, what does article 7 mean !?? I know u can still work under this but, how long does management have to act on a suspension,etc.. Under this article ???

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Ok maybe this will be better question,,,,, what does article 7 mean !??
Sent using BrownCafe App

Go to the union issues forum and click on the link for national master agreement. Page forward until you get to article 7 and read the couple of paragraphs.

Turtle17

Our union has gotten very vey week!!! They have sold us out to UPS!!!!! We as a union used to be very very strong!!! Not no more!!!! Look at all the workers in New York that are getting pink slips in three days!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our union has gotten very vey week!!! They have sold us out to UPS!!!!! We as a union used to be very very strong!!! Not no more!!!! Look at all the workers in New York that are getting pink slips in three days!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Exclamation points are a privilege not a right.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
An Article 7 termination is often called a "working termination." It involves a non-cardinal sin infraction (cardinal sins include: dishonesty, a serious accident resulting in injury due to negligence, drinking on the job, possessing/using illegal narcotics on the job, carrying unauthorized passengers in a company vehicle and "just cause" infractions, which means it's reasonable to expect the company to terminate you for, say, sucker punching a supervisor, destroying company property, or using a racial slur.)

Under Article 7, you continue working while your case goes through the grievance procedure. Typically, the first step is the company sending a discharge letter to the member/union. The steward and center/sort manager can then attempt to settle/reduce the termination to a suspension. If they can't come to an agreement, it typically goes to a local level meeting between the business agent and labor manager. If they deadlock again, then the case is decided by the area grievance panel. If the company/union members of the panel deadlock, an arbitrator usually casts the deciding vote. The process can take several months, depending.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Sent using BrownCafe App
You mad at management messing with you? Show them something else.

UPSGUY72

Sent using BrownCafe App

Your the part of the Union too... But in your case I would keep my mouth shut and do what I'm told and follow the rules which you seem to have problem with in the pass. Hence your on working termination currently.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

An Article 7 termination is often called a "working termination." It involves a non-cardinal sin infraction (cardinal sins include: dishonesty, a serious accident resulting in injury due to negligence, drinking on the job, possessing/using illegal narcotics on the job, carrying unauthorized passengers in a company vehicle and "just cause" infractions, which means it's reasonable to expect the company to terminate you for, say, sucker punching a supervisor, destroying company property, or using a racial slur.)

Under Article 7, you continue working while your case goes through the grievance procedure. Typically, the first step is the company sending a discharge letter to the member/union. The steward and center/sort manager can then attempt to settle/reduce the termination to a suspension. If they can't come to an agreement, it typically goes to a local level meeting between the business agent and labor manager. If they deadlock again, then the case is decided by the area grievance panel. If the company/union members of the panel deadlock, an arbitrator usually casts the deciding vote. The process can take several months, depending.

Art 7 terminations have to follow the discipline procedure, right? That is, they can only come after the talk to, the warning letter, the 1-day suspension, etc.?

Turtle17

Disciple in years past was there wrong doings of the same act !!!!! Example. Not grabbing hand rail. First incident talk with!!! Second incident if same act warning letter, etc. now. Any infraction three wrong acts and you are gone!!!!!! What happen to our UNION!!!!!!!! And yes I do have the right to use !!!!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App