Article 7

UPSGUY72

Disciple in years past was there wrong doings of the same act !!!!! Example. Not grabbing hand rail. First incident talk with!!! Second incident if same act warning letter, etc. now. Any infraction three wrong acts and you are gone!!!!!! What happen to our UNION!!!!!!!! And yes I do have the right to use !!!!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

What did you do ?????

Turtle17

I did not do anything!!!!! Having concerns with other drivers, trying to get the feel of things!!! Seeing management squash us!!! When we should be SQUACHING THEM!!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Turtle17

Now just learned that article 7 ... Stays in folder..... and then managent can carry out suspension/discipline at any time!? Wow if a driver gets a speeding ticket the judge cannot say ok. I think it time for me to get Joe to pay his fine!!!! How long can union enforce timeline of grievices being heard !

Sent using BrownCafe App

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Art 7 terminations have to follow the discipline procedure, right? That is, they can only come after the talk to, the warning letter, the 1-day suspension, etc.?

Might want to read up on your contract. No such thing as a 1-day suspension...its grieved down to a 1 day suspension.

talk to..maybe depends what it is.
warning letter
3 day
5 day
Termination

at least thats how we do it here. Works well for everyone, rarely have to go to step 3.

Ouch

Is it just me or are all the people wanting to know what has happened to the union are the same people that never attend the union meetings. I've said it before and i will say it again, if you don't like it make a change. You pay dues to the union. Quit complaining and get involved. Are people just scared to speak their mind? Run for office. Go to meetings and have a voice. These things don't happen overnight. Did you just wake up and realize things weren't being handled like you want them to be?

Turtle17

There is a problem to this answer!! Most of our ups workers do not stand stand up for one another!!! Everybody is scared of managent and the way they roll!!! Firing workers for unjust reasons but we all know that it for numbers !!! We have no chance anymore union does not stick up for us anymore!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Might want to read up on your contract. No such thing as a 1-day suspension...its grieved down to a 1 day suspension.

talk to..maybe depends what it is.
warning letter
3 day
5 day
Termination

at least thats how we do it here. Works well for everyone, rarely have to go to step 3.

The last discipline I received was a 1-day, it wasn't grieved down to that. Considering the circumstances, I was extremely grateful to receive it.

On a related note, where, exactly, in the contract does it talk about progressive discipline? I've poured over the master and my supplement, but haven't come up with anything. This is why I hadn't replied sooner.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Now just learned that article 7 ... Stays in folder..... and then managent can carry out suspension/discipline at any time!? Wow if a driver gets a speeding ticket the judge cannot say ok. I think it time for me to get Joe to pay his fine!!!! How long can union enforce timeline of grievices being heard !

Sent using BrownCafe App
There is a problem to this answer!! Most of our ups workers do not stand stand up for one another!!! Everybody is scared of managent and the way they roll!!! Firing workers for unjust reasons but we all know that it for numbers !!! We have no chance anymore union does not stick up for us anymore!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jeez, I hate to ask twice in the same thread, but, Wut?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
We have 1 day suspensions here as well. Usually for attendance issues. Never saw any go beyond that one day.

ncupser82

Sent using BrownCafe App
I know a guy who is on his 9th working termination, and he hasn't served a single day of suspension! That is a union sticking up for its members my friend...don't ask me why he got the working termination in the first place!

Sent using BrownCafe App

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
That is kind of funny. You'd think they'd make them work more.
I've actually seen them give a one day suspension to be served on a Friday. For attendance issues. Hello three days off in a row for taking too many days off! And if it happens again, you can expect to sit out Wednesday and Thursday too.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know a guy who is on his 9th working termination, and he hasn't served a single day of suspension! That is a union sticking up for its members my friend...don't ask me why he got the working termination in the first place!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Anyone on his 9th working termination speaks less about the union and more about the inability of the individual to perform what is basically a very simple job.

ncupser82

I guess my point was that not even he can be terminated because the union is protecting his job!

Sent using BrownCafe App