As a newly full time package driver am I guarantee 8 hour?

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
As a newly full time package driver am I guarantee 8 hours? If so how would this apply with me if i had to work inside the hub. I'm in the Southern Supplement if that helps any.

PT Car Washer

As a newly full time package driver am I guarantee 8 hours? If so how would this apply with me if i had to work inside the hub. I'm in the Southern Supplement if that helps any.
Working inside the Hub you are only guaranteed 3 1/2 hours per sort. Most FT package car drivers don't want 8 hours because it is a lot more work then they are used to.

Indecisi0n

Working inside the Hub you are only guaranteed 3 1/2 hours per sort. Most FT package car drivers don't want 8 hours because it is a lot more work then they are used to.
Wrong , if I understand the OP.
If you go to work as a driver and they say "we don't have work for you" you can and are entitled to your 8 hours. They could have you clean the floors or toilets. Whatever it is you can get your 8 hours. In some locals you can even refused to work out of classification and demand 8 as a driver.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Learn to read a contract book yourself instead of depending on others to do the work for you.

As a full timer you are guaranteed 8 hours of work daily. If you choose to go home if there is no work then you forfeit your 8 hour of pay/work.

barnyard

KTM rider
Reading the contract is not rocket science. Do it yourself so you better understand your job, your rights and your responsibilities.

FFS

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Several of us made the jump to full time around the same time three years ago. There wasn't enough work to go around, so I got my 8 by double shifting (preload and local sort). It wasn't ideal, but a guarantee is a guarantee.

StoptheAct1212

Your a ft driver. You show up to drive they have to offer you work. If not u get 8 hrs pay to go home. File the grievance. They have to give u a heads up if you are not driving a day ahead of time. And offer you inside the buildibg work. You may have to work preload and reload to get the 8, but this is what happens to the lower seniority guys... never to me but ive seen it over the years... at least you made the ft cutt, just stick out the bullsiiiit.

PT Car Washer

Bottom 10% of FT drivers do not have a 40 hr/wk guarantee. You have the right to displace the lowest PT employee on any sort as long as you have more company seniority and you have a 3 1/2 hour guarantee.

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
Your a ft driver. You show up to drive they have to offer you work. If not u get 8 hrs pay to go home. File the grievance. They have to give u a heads up if you are not driving a day ahead of time. And offer you inside the buildibg work. You may have to work preload and reload to get the 8, but this is what happens to the lower seniority guys... never to me but ive seen it over the years... at least you made the ft cutt, just stick out the bullsiiiit.
Gotcha! But I have one question, will I get my hub rate or driver FT rate if I had to work inside?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Gotcha! But I have one question, will I get my hub rate or driver FT rate if I had to work inside?

Full time hub rate. So if you're in progression you would actually get paid MORE to work inside.
Our bottom feeder drivers complain about having to work inside because they don't like actually having to work. But when they drive they would only get $18.75 driving. If they work in the hub they make $28+. They complain when they drive and they don't make "enough" and they complain when they have to work in the hub and have to WORK. Can't win sometimes.

PT Car Washer

Full time hub rate. So if you're in progression you would actually get paid MORE to work inside.
Our bottom feeder drivers complain about having to work inside because they don't like actually having to work. But when they drive they would only get $18.75 driving. If they work in the hub they make $28+. They complain when they drive and they don't make "enough" and they complain when they have to work in the hub and have to WORK. Can't win sometimes.
Our laid off package car drivers make starting FT inside rate, $15/hr. Not sure why Feeders would be any different. And yes they complain because the work is so much harder and they are treated like crap.