Ashamed to be an American

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Donald Trump should make every single American ashamed of the ignoramus that will become our President.

Illegitimately elected, and absolutely unqualified for the position. Without Russian interference, he would not have won. Trump only wants to "win"...never mind the corruption. Let's see those taxes, OK?

The world is laughing at us for choosing this maroon, and we DESERVE to be mocked. This man is an insult to what really makes America great.

Eff Trump. God Bless the USA.

wkmac

I wasn't ashamed before Trump was President nor am I ashamed now with Trump as President. I don't identify myself with who holds any elective office nor do I let them define me or what I am. From my own POV, those who do are very shallow human beings. I identify far more with just being human than identifying myself based on imaginary lines drawn in the sand that identify turf not unlike thug gangs.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't think the world is laughing. I think if anything the world is on pins and needles waiting to see what happens when he takes over. I think it has been a wakeup call for a lot of them. Time will tell if he is qualified. That question is asked before any new President takes over. I will at least give him a chance----who knows?

rod

Retired 22 years
If you are that ashamed -- there is always Canada. The busses are still waiting empty after all the threats to leave if he was elected.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If you are that ashamed -- there is always Canada. The busses are still waiting empty after all the threats to leave if he was elected.
Myself I'd go to Costa Rica .
English is spoken there and the cost of living is cheaper .
You'll find plenty of other retirees there, too.

rod

Retired 22 years
Myself I go to Costa Rica .
Engilsh is spoken there and the cost of living is cheaper .

Canada in reality is a hard country to get into -- permanently. It takes like 8 or ten years to jump through all the hoops. A friends daughter married a Canuk and even marring one don't automatically open the doors for you.

wkmac

At present I would prefer the Azores which as it so happens my wife and I have discussed as one retirement option. We know some ex pats who do live there and they love it. We are planning a vacation there and then if we like it, another extended 3 month vacation and then see how it goes after that. The great appeal to us is the weather as I hate the heat and my wife hates the cold. The Azores for us is constantly in the Goldilocks zone plus I'd get my fill of salt water fishing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I have a friend from Costa Rica. He says it's a great place and will return when he retires. Very mellow, or so he says.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wasn't ashamed before Trump was President nor am I ashamed now with Trump as President. I don't identify myself with who holds any elective office nor do I let them define me or what I am. From my own POV, those who do are very shallow human beings. I identify far more with just being human than identifying myself based on imaginary lines drawn in the sand that identify turf not unlike thug gangs.

I have friends in 10 different countries. All are concerned, and also appalled at our choice. Most think Americans are clueless for even allowing Trump on the ballot.

He belongs in an institution.