Ask a PT supervisor anything.

jaker

trolling
I don't know how many of them post on here. Now's your chance.

RTW state fyi
To be honest what the heck would I ask a PT sup anything , unless you been one for 15 years because you don't know crap about this company if you just started out

Last edited:

YourBoss

How many of ya does it take to screw in a light bulb ?

Good one. I've made the same joke before.

is PT supervision what you expected it to be?

Yes and no. It was my first management-type job and I really didn't know what I was getting into. I will say I have enjoyed it a great deal, mostly because of the people I've met and the fact I feel like I've developed myself as a person.

I guess I should also say I've been a part-time supervisor for five years and a "package-handler" three years before that. I also work at a center, not a hub (although it's the biggest in our division.) Honestly I don't feel comfortable giving more info than that.

Did you become a PT sup to help your resume and then realized that you don't want to put it on there

I'm pretty sure it will help. Two of my best friends have moved on to other companies that have very well paying jobs.

Are you pissed that you're working a dead-end job?

Ehh, I'm almost guaranteed a full-time position once I've graduated (two more semesters).

Keep the questions coming. Try not to be so hostile, I'm just trying to start a dialogue.

YourBoss

What are your duties as a pt time sup? Do you run a belt? Do you fetch coffee for the center manager?

I run the outbound on a local sort. I hardly ever see my center manager, but I have a good realtionship with him. I go to his office to make my own coffee. Safety, service, productivity, volume, employees and teamster wrangling are my main duties, and everything that goes with them.

YourBoss

What are your duties as a pt time sup? Do you run a belt? Do you fetch coffee for the center manager?

I run the outbound on a local sort. I hardly ever see my center manager but we have agood relationship. I go to his office to make myself coffee sometimes...
Safety, service, productivity, volume, employee and teamster wrangling are my main duties.

Quick post has to have moderator approval... I'm learning

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Do you honestly think if there are 20 pkgs in a trailer that the feeder driver will get to the gate and tell them its 100 % at the outbound !!