Ask a PT supervisor anything.

Returntosender

Only after I cut them off, which is proper discipline for using the restroom at work.

FYI urine is stored in the bladder not the testicles. cutting off the testicles won't prevent people from using the restroom.

When the outbound sort is operatiing and you notice your spoting then the flow becomes heavy do ask the fulltime sup to send you home?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Why is it so hard to put paperwork inside the kingbox? Granted, it doesn't rain much here but anyone who has lived in AZ knows it will. It's fun walking up to the water filled pouch and smacking it so you get this fountain squirt (always makes me all giggly like) but the guards don't appreciate the soggy mess (and that's assuming it's the paperwork for the right trailer, hazmats for the right trailer...)

trickpony1

Why do outbound supes call for a trailer pull before the trailer is fully loaded and the door is shut?

Do they think they can predict when the shifter will get there?

It's not rocket science........

Put paperwork in trailer where driver can reach it from ground level;
Load trailer;
Put load retainer up per hub ops manual;
Close and latch trailer door;
Call for a trailer pull.

I know you can do it!

H

htown0721

Why do they ask pt union members with less than a week in the company if they want to become at PT SUP ???

that is an easy one....they don't know any better hahahaha....unfortunately I knew better and still got sucked in...regretted it ever since except for the six dollar raise that is

YourBoss

Okay jackass, you write my way or the highway, My guess is your weak, you stated in a in your last posts " I don't feel comfortable answering the question". Thank god I've been here at UPS almost 20 years, JACKASS PEOPLE SUCH AS YOURSELF come and go.
I speak my mind, You come on the web site asking give me your best shot.

I forgot who said you can't fix stupid......

Have a nice a day............

I only put that in my sig so someone like you would freak out. Thanks for that.

I said I wouldn't answer any questions about where I work exactly. I don't want your teamster mob friends showing up at my house. Anything else is fair game I suppose.

Last edited:

YourBoss

Where in the training do they treat you the proper phrases to use, such as 'Are you disobeying a direct order from a supervisor?'

I've heard that one from a young-punk newbie sup more than once. A quick response of 'Yup. Do you want to go upstairs with a steward and talk about it?' put a quick end to the situation each time.

I have much more creative phrases than that. If interested I'll share one with you.

YourBoss

Get a life... Your job sucks and you know it. There is nothing new you can can share with the group that we don't already know. Being a PT SUP is a dead end job for 99 percent of you and management tell you anything to get you to stay.

I doubt you know much about my job. I know you know nothing about my credentials. Also you sound bitter. Probably because you are dissapointed with the route you took in your life. Don't blame me my friend, I'm not the enemy.

To the other guy: I wasn't a preloader. I did whatever needed to be done on a local sort.

Thread hyjacking doesn't bother me as long as you don't mind me double/triple posting since I'm on my mobile.

YourBoss

FYI urine is stored in the bladder not the testicles. cutting off the testicles won't prevent people from using the restroom.

When the outbound sort is operatiing and you notice your spoting then the flow becomes heavy do ask the fulltime sup to send you home?

No I just yell at my loaders louder. Is that what you want to hear?

But really I try to motivate them. Imagine that. Is it not worth working a little harder for 5 minutes so you aren't screwed up all night? Wait... Don't answer that.

YourBoss

Why is it so hard to put paperwork inside the kingbox? Granted, it doesn't rain much here but anyone who has lived in AZ knows it will. It's fun walking up to the water filled pouch and smacking it so you get this fountain squirt (always makes me all giggly like) but the guards don't appreciate the soggy mess (and that's assuming it's the paperwork for the right trailer, hazmats for the right trailer...)

Actually I really do appreciate my feeder guys. They've helped me out tons before. From what you describe we do things a little different at my building. We have a board where we put the seal controls and Yall just come in and sign off on them and pull your copy. I do seal the trailers but some of the feeder drivers seal there own which I dont
mind and even appreciate.

Last edited:

YourBoss

Now remember god is your witness. How often do you see acts of dishonesty from management????

This is a good question. Really it depends on who it is. For intance my center manager I have no problem saying he is full of it. Everyone knows this so it shouldn't come as a surprise. Management lie all the time in companies not just at UPS. Now whether UPS has more than others.. I don't know so I couldn't answer truthfully.... Haha see what I did there?

Personally I don't have any reason to lie to my guys. I'd rather tell them outright what's going to happen so they can prepare for it I guess. I can't think of a situation where it would benefit me to lie really, although honestly I'm probably have been guilty of it at some point in my career intentional or not.

YourBoss

Why do they ask pt union members with less than a week in the company if they want to become at PT SUP ???

I have no idea. I wouldn't do that. I'd want someone more experienced as a co-worker. No one asked me, I went after it.

I understand some of you have been probably been done wrong by management at some point. Please understand you are not the only one, teamster or otherwise. Also understand I'm not the lazy, lying piece of crap hub supervisor that screamed at you when you loaded. I don't think that's the way to be successful. Actually I know.

Again sorry for so many posts in a row, I'm on my mobile.

P.S. I'm having fun.

DiligentUPSer

In the case that an hourly has been at UPS for over 4 years, is there any reason to become a PT supervisor in your opinion? As someone who is a veteran PTmer I have generally advised those who have been with the company for over 4 years that it's not worth it. For those who have worked at UPS for less than 4 years, becoming a supervisor is a significant bump in pay. But once beyond the PT progression (4 years), the hourly worker's pay raises vastly outgrow that of the supervisor pay/hour over time since the hourly's annual raises are double to triple that of a PT supervisor. What are your thoughts?

YourBoss

In the case that an hourly has been at UPS for over 4 years, is there any reason to become a PT supervisor in your opinion? As someone who is a veteran PTmer I have generally advised those who have been with the company for over 4 years that it's not worth it. For those who have worked at UPS for less than 4 years, becoming a supervisor is a significant bump in pay. But once beyond the PT progression (4 years), the hourly worker's pay raises vastly outgrow that of the supervisor pay/hour over time since the hourly's annual raises
are double to triple that of a PT supervisor. What are your thoughts?

Great question.

You are mostly correct in my opinion. Hourly's pay goes up crazy fast.

I'd base my answer on the four year question on two things: are you getting a four year degree? And, do you think you will be successful manager?

If the answer to EITHER of those questions is a no I would go for a driving position. You are not going to be FT manager without a 4 year in most cases ( I've never seen it at least). Same with being a crappy manager obviously.

DiligentUPSer

Great question.

You are mostly correct in my opinion. Hourly's pay goes up crazy fast.

I'd base my answer on the four year question on two things: are you getting a four year degree? And, do you think you will be successful manager?

If the answer to EITHER of those questions is a no I would go for a driving position. You are not going to be FT manager without a 4 year in most cases ( I've never seen it at least). Same with being a crappy manager obviously.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I wasn't asking about myself, but rather was interested in an experienced supe's (who is not from my hub) opinion on the issue. I've been a PT hourly for 8 years (with zero interest in becoming a supe) and recently I've noticed a lot of people being promoted within their first year...LoL. And that's great for them because it is a huge bump in pay from say $8.50 to $14.50 at first. But on the other hand, I've heard of a few other of my co-workers who have been at UPS for 4-6 years inquiring about being a supervisor and I tell them that they will end up making less $$$ per hour in the long run and will have to start paying for their insurance.

As for PT supervisors being promoted to FT supervisors, I've gathered that it certainly helps to have a degree behind you but a lot of it comes down to politics rather than how much one has proven themselves as a PT supe. With regard to being a hub manager, I would imagine that a 4 year degree would be mandatory in addition to the previously alluded to politics.

anonymous4

Two questions. Do you believe the person who says you're virtually guaranteed a FT slot after you finish school? Did someone ask you this question before?