Ask me anything about working for Fedex Ground

I worked for a Fedex Ground hub for almost 5 years, as a package handler. I did almost every task in the building below working in a management or supervisor role. When I left I was making 14/hr, and getting scholarship money. I could have made 14.5/hr if I worked the overnight.
Ask me anything about what its like to work for that company, conditions, benefits, management, training, rewards, work load, w/e.

UPSGUY72

I worked for a Fedex Ground hub for almost 5 years, as a package handler. I did almost every task in the building below working in a management or supervisor role. When I left I was making 14/hr, and getting scholarship money. I could have made 14.5/hr if I worked the overnight.
Ask me anything about what its like to work for that company, conditions, benefits, management, training, rewards, work load, w/e.

Why did you leave.

S

splozi

For delivery truck loaders, does FedEx Ground have a required/expected packages per hour? If so, what is it?

STFXG

What else did you do to get fired? And why would you jeopardize your safety by climbing on the belt? You didn't get fired just for that... Give the entire reason.

The hub i worked only had a few delivery trucks on door. Their delivery operation was very slow, so i imagine they just expected you to have the belt clean by the end of the night. The hub i worked delt with pups, the delivery trucks got very little flow.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
What is the name of the dog on the side of the Home Delivery trucks?
Mr. "Home Delivery" has been asking that for years.

What else did you do to get fired? And why would you jeopardize your safety by climbing on the belt? You didn't get fired just for that... Give the entire reason.

i had a history of abuses. i guess it was like that final episode of sienfeld where they were sent to jail for all the **** they pulled, not one incident in particular. but the company had been really cracking down on all minor rules infractments, and i got pegged. the company changed a lot over the 5 years i was there

STFXG

Here's a question. Is your real "name" Dano?

don't go calling me a shill because I asked what else he did to get fired... ;)
I've worked preload. No ones getting fired from that job just for climbing over the belt. There's got to be more to the story.

How do you know she was a witch?

she turned me into a 220px-Newt_Gingrich_by_Gage_Skidmore_6.jpg
220px-Newt_Gingrich_by_Gage_Skidmore_6.jpg