Ask me anything about working for Fedex Ground

What else did you do to get fired? And why would you jeopardize your safety by climbing on the belt? You didn't get fired just for that... Give the entire reason.

i was a bad employee. had a long history of rules violations, absenses etc. sometimes i pulled a stunt, and got lucky that i wasnt fired on the spot because the service manager didnt have the heart to report me. my last infraction was the end of the rope i guess

HomeDelivery

What is the name of the dog on the side of the Home Delivery trucks?
Mr. "Home Delivery" has been asking that for years.

it's Spot... but how would a ground package handler know that?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
why does Ground get their vehicles loaded while HD vehicles only have our packages in a pile?

we are already in a stop-sequence order for years & it should be loaded in stop-order by now...

HomeDelivery

i was a bad employee. had a long history of rules violations, absenses etc. sometimes i pulled a stunt, and got lucky that i wasnt fired on the spot because the service manager didnt have the heart to report me. my last infraction was the end of the rope i guess

well, i don't think you would last in UPS as a package handler then... but good luck to you!

snackdad

Thats nasty...Seen it and smelled it many times....

We have a driver in my station, leaves pee bottles everywhere. In the past, he used several co-workers trucks on their day off. Two female employees have taken a sip from bottles they thought they had left in their truck the day before, both were Snapple bottles. The guy was never disciplined due to getting "special treatment" from management.

Goldilocks

We have a driver in my station, leaves pee bottles everywhere. In the past, he used several co-workers trucks on their day off. Two female employees have taken a sip from bottles they thought they had left in their truck the day before, both were Snapple bottles. The guy was never disciplined due to getting "special treatment" from management.

OMG...THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!! LMAO.I bet the women were furious..You men have it made. Just slip and slide it in a bottle. Women on the other hand, well we have to find bathrooms...lol......

DontThrowPackages

Hardest I've laughed in a while. LM..O

STFXG

OMG...THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!! LMAO.I bet the women were furious..You men have it made. Just slip and slide it in a bottle. Women on the other hand, well we have to find bathrooms...lol......

Here ya go goldi... http://www.sheweeusa.com/shop/
Maybe you can order one in purple! Might become standard issue one of these days...

What specific questions do they ask you in the interview for a package handler at fedex ground?
it was such a long time ago when i first started, but i dont really remember them asking any noteworthy questions for new hires. If you are going full time they may ask you some safety related questions, and how you would react in certain situations where people need help, or a coworker is breaking the rules.

xfdxgroundmgmt

don't go calling me a shill because I asked what else he did to get fired... ;)
I've worked preload. No ones getting fired from that job just for climbing over the belt. There's got to be more to the story.
Not so true.................. We started in Fl, Toss, slide, tap with foot in the unload or avalanche a wall guess what you did it and you were fired! We did it for a year and it was all good for the lawyers, so their you go. EVERYONE is IS EXPENDABLE!

CJinx

Did you ever get enough QRP saved to get anything good?
What hub did you work at?
Does anyone make an effort to clean up the mess when a leaking package is discovered in a partially loaded satellite-bound trailer? (Grrr..)
Did they have WAL's in your building and are they basically glorified package handlers with more responsibilities?

Did you ever get enough QRP saved to get anything good?
What hub did you work at?
Does anyone make an effort to clean up the mess when a leaking package is discovered in a partially loaded satellite-bound trailer? (Grrr..)
Did they have WAL's in your building and are they basically glorified package handlers with more responsibilities?

I want to maintain some privacy so I wont give away what Hub I was at specifically. I was in new england

Im assuming you mean when the leak is discovered in the unload. well no, lol. they would take the leaky package and just have QA deal with it, no effort made to clean the trailer. If you loaded a package that started leaking, i would say 90% of the time there was an effort to correct the situation.

We did have WAL's lol. I think they are paid $1/hr more than a maxed out package handler. They do have more responsibilities and get that little extra pay. Other than that they get the same hours and benefits as package handlers. They had all the same duties as a full time service manager but get paid less then them lol. thats the fedex way.

Lycurgus

I'm a load coach at a hub and I can probably answer some of those questions. We have WALs and at this point, especially considering the new goals we're being faced with this year, the LC's are plagued with exponentially more responsibility for the same pay as WALs. Also the WALs are mediocre at best, even when compared to my colleagues.