Asset Vs. Liability

CatMan

Why would we go over to Ground? We know it sucks there, and only a sucker would willingly buy a route there and piss and moan about how awful his contract is.
Agree , I'd rather work 35 hrs at Express than to work for Ground. You guys are really underpaid and it's really just a sad sign of the times.

CatMan

Under Roadway while it wasn't perfect they did however stay within the original market objective which from a contractor perspective made the experience acceptable
When Fat Freddy got a hold of it he tried to make it serve multiple markets tried to make it be all things to all people . Something for which it was never designed to do and as his dependence on it for earnings became disproportionately heavy the disparity between the value he offered and the value he demands became unacceptable.
Sad but true, great post!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Under Roadway while it wasn't perfect they did however stay within the original market objective which from a contractor perspective made the experience acceptable
When Fat Freddy got a hold of it he tried to make it serve multiple markets tried to make it be all things to all people . Something for which it was never designed to do and as his dependence on it for earnings became disproportionately heavy the disparity between the value he offered and the value he demands became unacceptable.
To remain stagnant in a competitive market is to wither and die.

Who gets to design another mans business, anyway? When FedEx bought RPS, it became their right and privilege to re-invent it. Their biggest mistake was to allow the dinosaurs to remain.

bacha29

To remain stagnant in a competitive market is to wither and die.

Who gets to design another mans business, anyway? When FedEx bought RPS, it became their right and privilege to re-invent it. Their biggest mistake was to allow the dinosaurs to remain.
Then why did he keep you around? Just be glad for the fact that it was the dinosaurs at Ground who kept you kept your pension and retirement healthcare benefits funded during the last recession . Because Fat Freddy have eviscerated that thing at the time of the last recession and there wouldn't have been a damn thing you could have done about it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Well I'll give you a pass on your condescending " After you done with those evelopes". You don't know crap about my route.I know Ground is brutal, but if you're Express you must know that you have to cover the route almost 3 times. Starting at 0900 to 1030 you have 25 P1. And then I get about 75 P2, and need to make the business SOS by 1500 and they're scattered all over this sprawling area .Then you need to break route around 1400 to get them done on time. The 2nd half is knocking out the remaining resi's..you with me so far? Good , all while making time for your early closing pickups and until recently, signature required resi and throw in a couple COD here and there. A lot of apartments, a couple bulks ,wicked traffic.Oh ,and plenty of construction and some trains to boot! 15 pick ups and a 1 hour lunch...Yeah man , mindless unskilled work anyone can do , right?..I know multiple routes SRA..no map no GPS! Oh yeah you also have to reattempt any business C8. Back at the station by 1700 with a 20 min stem.

The key to understanding bacha's mentality is to realize that he's the kind of guy who would brag about digging ditches with a shovel for minimum wage and make fun of the guy makes $20/hour digging them with a Ditch Witch.

bacha29

The key to understanding bacha's mentality is to realize that he's the kind of guy who would brag about digging ditches with a shovel for minimum wage and make fun of the guy makes $20/hour digging them with a Ditch Witch.
Words from a guy who had to go crawling back to Fat Freddy beg him to give him his job back. (LMFAO)

59 Dano

Words from a guy who had to go crawling back to Fat Freddy beg him to give him his job back. (LMFAO)

What's your obsession with "crawling back"? Do you think you're really putting it to me by saying that? I didn't think I was too good for the job (which was a darn good job) and definitely didn't think I was too good to return for an even better job. Your experience with FedEx was defined by problems. Mine was defined by career advancement and personal and professional growth.

I honestly don't understand your logic as it applies to this. Or anything, for that matter, but especially to this.

vantexan

When I came back I didn't beg. I saw a domiciled position on the FedEx website. I knew I had a shot since I was already trained and experienced. So went to the station over that area(which was 120 miles away)and told them I would gladly move out there if they rehired me. They were falling all over themselves to get me back on. Sometimes you have to take your lumps, and sometimes you bring something of value too.

CatMan

You have no idea how many Ground oxen would love to be back by 1700. With many of the Ground oxen you're lucky if you can get back by 2000.And "sprawling" area ? You express guy work neighborhoods but out in rural USA Ground guys work multiple counties, 300+ miles is a routine day. And for the Ground oxen who are in urban areas 200+ stops and 400+ crates in a day is considered a slow day.

Sure, express is time sensitive but you're not out there dragging around truck bumpers, back hoe buckets, steam jenny's, complete living room suites etc etc. People killing themselves out there just to keep you letter carriers pension and healthcare plans solvent.
Bacha, I want to make 1 thing perfectly clear. I respect you and the other Ground guys 110%. I'm ashamed of what has become of our once great company. There's only 2 options -Go back to school and try to find something else to do or, have a massive corporate wide sick out which may or may not help. You know I really feel for you guys man. But , homeboy stop calling us letter carriers, it's hard to take you serious with that tone.

vantexan

Bacha, I want to make 1 thing perfectly clear. I respect you and the other Ground guys 110%. I'm ashamed of what has become of our once great company. There's only 2 options -Go back to school and try to find something else to do or, have a massive corporate wide sick out which may or may not help. You know I really feel for you guys man. But , homeboy stop calling us letter carriers, it's hard to take you serious with that tone.
He's no longer a Ground guy. He just likes to rag on the company because his contract didn't work out like he had hoped.

CatMan

What's your obsession with "crawling back"? Do you think you're really putting it to me by saying that? I didn't think I was too good for the job (which was a darn good job) and definitely didn't think I was too good to return for an even better job. Your experience with FedEx was defined by problems. Mine was defined by career advancement and personal and professional growth.

I honestly don't understand your logic as it applies to this. Or anything, for that matter, but especially to this.
Seems as though you're the target much scorn on here . But seems to me that you just played your cards right...That and maybe some lucky timing

bacha29

After all the trips you've made to the academy you naturally don't understand. You're not supposed to understand anything . You're expected to assimilate.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Seems as though you're the target much scorn on here . But seems to me that you just played your cards right...That and maybe some lucky timing
It’s a simple case of sour grapes. He couldn’t hack it, and has to bring those who did down to his level. Otherwise he’d have to face reality.

bacha29

He's no longer a Ground guy. He just likes to rag on the company because his contract didn't work out like he had hoped.
Words from a guy who up quit upwards of a half a dozen times because somebody said something to him he didn't like.......but he too had to go crawling back.

CatMan

When I came back I didn't beg. I saw a domiciled position on the FedEx website. I knew I had a shot since I was already trained and experienced. So went to the station over that area(which was 120 miles away)and told them I would gladly move out there if they rehired me. They were falling all over themselves to get me back on. Sometimes you have to take your lumps, and sometimes you bring something of value too.
Fantastic response! Simple and mature.

bacha29

It’s a simple case of sour grapes. He couldn’t hack it, and has to bring those who did down to his level. Otherwise he’d have to face reality.
The reality is not being owed up to by guys like who try to make the employment out to be a better quality than what it actually is and contractors who try to project themselves as being successful "entrepreneurs" resulting from their own innovation and creative design when it's nothing of the sort because all you're doing is carrying out a new set of orders and demands every year.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You sound fishy. It is very unusual for a non-hourly to return under any circumstances. Why don't you tell us your position? You say you aren't a manager, and your personality precludes sales. Are you one of our esteemed engineers?

Once you leave The Plantation, the Master usually doesn't want his slaves back.

59 Dano

The reality is not being owed up to by guys like who try to make the employment out to be a better quality than what it actually is and contractors who try to project themselves as being successful "entrepreneurs" resulting from their own innovation and creative design when it's nothing of the sort because all you're doing is carrying out a new set of orders and demands every year.

Ground investment and risk + controlled like Express employee + grunt work of Ground driver - any employees - any benefits = bacha, the business expert.