At fault accident?

Do any of you know if you can request a reversal of a at fault accident ruling by the station ? Had a driver get issued a ticket so since there was a ticket driver automatically got hit with at fault but once it got to court judge ruled in favor of my driver and dropped the ticket no charges . So my drivers point all along was proven he didnt cause the accident .

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Do any of you know if you can request a reversal of a at fault accident ruling by the station ? Had a driver get issued a ticket so since there was a ticket driver automatically got hit with at fault but once it got to court judge ruled in favor of my driver and dropped the ticket no charges . So my drivers point all along was proven he didnt cause the accident .
You must be new. Drivers are charged with “at fault” accidents all the time when it wasn’t there fault. Even when cop on the scene says it’s 100% other persons fault. Welcome to ups!!!

F

Frankie's Friend

You at FDX?
If so...
Good luck.

It will be fine

Write it all up and turn it in to management. The bar is preventable though not just not-at-fault. You have to show there was no other action the driver could have taken to prevent the accident.

rod

Retired 22 years

So what does the "station" have to do with it. I thought you all were independent operators? :rolleyes:

dezguy

It's all preventable in fedexs eyes. A meteor could land on your truck and FedEx would say you should have anticipated the risk.

Mutineer

So what does the "station" have to do with it. I thought you all were independent operators? :rolleyes:

As far as XG is concerned, ALL accidents are the driver's fault. That's so they can force a DQ on a driver and make the ISP squirm. They looove making their ISP's squirm.

Oldfart

Accidents are not fault and not at fault. They are preventable and non preventable. The employee does not have to be issued a citation for the accident to be ruled a preventable. Even if the citation was dismissed, being ruled a preventable is still possible.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Sure you can request a reversal.
You can request Fred to come over to your house and give you a massage too.
You can request anything you want.
It’s a great company.

Correct it is fedex ground and I should've put charged as preventable that's what I meant . So anytime we have accident TM wants copy of ticket issued so that has to play a roll.in decision obviously. So if that is proved false in the end what right do they have to use it as a deciding factor?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I'll take a Tecate, I'm feeling Mexican currently. Ok deny my request.
As per your request, your request has been denied. So in essence your request for denial has been approved.
Congrats! and I sincerely hope you enjoy not having an ice cold Tecate!

It will be fine

Correct it is fedex ground and I should've put charged as preventable that's what I meant . So anytime we have accident TM wants copy of ticket issued so that has to play a roll.in decision obviously. So if that is proved false in the end what right do they have to use it as a deciding factor?
Unfortunately the burden is on you to demonstrate it wasn’t preventable. No ticket is one factor in your favor but it’ll take more than that to convince them it was non preventable.