Tier 3 accident?

542thruNthru

Actually going off what you said @burrheadd is right
File a grievance and get in touch with your BA.

Your center manager wanted you to get a ticket so that he could fire you.
Then you said this, where it didn't mention a citation.
1. Bodily injury requiring immediate treatment aaay from the scene.

2. Damage requiring at least one of the vehicles to be towed.

3. An accident involving an aircraft.

4. A fatality.

None of these apply to you. Enjoy your paid vacation. But, file a timely grievance and talk to your BA.

Both of these statements are absolutely false

If you don’t know what you’re talking about just sit and read. You’re going to get somebody in a jackpot they can’t get out of

SMDH

I guess some people just need to see it in writing.
Going off what you said and posted I would agree. You should have read it again and the ops post.
NMUPSA

Article 18

Section 3. Accidents and Reports.

A serious accident is defined as one in which.

2. A citation is issued and there is bodily injury to a person who, as a result of the injury, receives immediate medical treatment away from the scene of the accident, or;
3. A citation is issued and one or more motor vehicles incur dis￾abling damage as a result of the accident requiring a vehicle to be
transported away from the scene by a tow truck or other vehicle, or:
Non of these apply with just a citation like you alluded to.

Trucker Clock

I didn't say there weren't other ways to get a tier 3 but you did confirm that $62,355 was a tier 3. Intersections are definitely another way. Backing I hadn't heard of and sounds ticky tacky but very possible.

It’s not the cost of the damage that determines tier 3 accidents. It’s the type of accident.

The OP may have only caused a few thousand in actual damages. The cost did not determine the tier 3 designation. The backing accident did.

A center is charged $62,355 for a tier 3 accident even though the actual costs may only be a few thousand.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
It’s not the cost of the damage that determines tier 3 accidents. It’s the type of accident.

The OP may have only caused a few thousand in actual damages. The cost did not determine the tier 3 designation. The backing accident did.

A center is charged $62,355 for a tier 3 accident even though the actual costs may only be a few thousand.
Sounds jewish

Trucker Clock

Actually going off what you said @burrheadd is right

Then you said this, where it didn't mention a citation.

Going off what you said and posted I would agree. You should have read it again and the ops post.

Non of these apply with just a citation like you alluded to.

A citation was issued but no other factor was present.

There has to be a citation issued and bodily injury. A citation issued and a fatality. A citation issued and a vehicle incurring disabling damage.

None of theses happened.

They cannot take him out of service. And I said the center manager begged the cop to give him a citation. Because if he didn’t receive a citation, nothing else matters.

542thruNthru

I was involved in a tier 3 accident and it was my first ever time receiving any type of disciplinary action. They terminated me. Little backstory is I pulled down a dead end turned around and passed up my stop. I chose to back up to check the address at the house i drove past and my bumper backed into a parked car with no one in it. It scratched the door and broke the mirror. I called and reported it. The guy who owned the car didn't act like it was a big deal. My center manager got there and called the cops and was yelling. Once the cops got there he was screaming and yelling how I need to get a citation no matter what for being so stupid. So I got a ticket and finished the route. So now fast forward to today they said it was a tier 3 accident and I was terminated for it under article 52. Idk. What can I do?
Like everyone else has said. File a grievance and don't sweat it. You'll be back and if I were you I wouldn't accept anything less than full back pay.

Your manager jumped the gun and probably didn't tell your labor Manger the whole story and now they are going to have to pay.

542thruNthru

A citation was issued but no other factor was present.

There has to be a citation issued and bodily injury. A citation issued and a fatality. A citation issued and a vehicle incurring disabling damage.

None of theses happened.

They cannot take him out of service. And I said the center manager begged the cop to give him a citation. Because if he didn’t receive a citation, nothing else matters.
You claimed the citation was why he was able to fire him. Maybe you miss spoke but I was just pointing out a citation does not give the center manager the ok to fire someone. Just as you know a "tier 3" doesn't give him the right to fire him either.

That's what I believe @burrheadd was pointing out.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The actual cost of the accident might not be that high I believe this is just a corporate shell/numbers games where the center incurs a static dollar placeholder amount on their financials spreadsheet when determining performance/productivity.

Trucker Clock

You claimed the citation was why he was able to fire him. Maybe you miss spoke but I was just pointing out a citation does not give the center manager the ok to fire someone. Just as you know a "tier 3" doesn't give him the right to fire him either.

That's what I believe @burrheadd was pointing out.

No. I claimed the center manager thought he could fire him with just a citation. I posted the relevant language in that same post as to why the center manager was mistaken that he could fire him with just a citation.

I pointed out that he begged for the citation, because if one was not issued, nothing else matters.

That’s the first of 2 requirements determining a serious accident.

Trucker Clock

Like everyone else has said. File a grievance and don't sweat it. You'll be back and if I were you I wouldn't accept anything less than full back pay.

Your manager jumped the gun and probably didn't tell your labor Manger the whole story and now they are going to have to pay.

Agreed. It’s a paid vacation.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

“A center is charged $62,355 for a tier 3 accident”
What does that even mean charged to who? They can’t order any more delivery notices? Does it come out
of the bosses check?
Never understood this

What does that even mean charged to who? They can’t order any more delivery notices? Does it come out
of the bosses check?
Never understood this
The center has to write corporate check for that amount of money it comes out of their operating budget
Cut another route

JL 0513

of the bosses check?
Never understood this
I find this to be an odd claim too.

Insurance? 🤔

tadpole

Nope. A tier 3 has a dollar value associated with it. $62,355.

A scratched door and busted mirror may be a few thousand. Nowhere near the tier 3 dollar amount.

I think they classify all backing accidents as tier 3. The same with intersection accidents.
Backing accidents are not tier 3. I believe they are tier 1.

Going off my memory, tier 3s are "hit other in rear", "intersection accidents", "head on collisions", "hit a pedestrian".