Atlanta DA Paul Howard Is A Political Whore - Rayshard Brooks Case Prosecution Announcement

Overpaid Union Thug

Brooks deserved it. He assaulted cops and attempted to inflict bodily harm with a taser. Those things can friend you up if they hit the right spots. Doesn’t matter if he was running away. He was aiming it at the same time.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
After watching the media circus by this DA, I agree that this DA is a stupid clown.
By upping the charges while the GBI is still investigating, shows that he is a media whore.
The GBI should stop their involvement with this case and let him go to court with just what facts he has.
It would be a slam dunk victory for the defense.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
The LoRusso Law Firm, which is representing Rolfe, released a statement on the incident that said, in part:

“The loss of life in any instance is tragic. However, Officer Rolfe’s actions were justified under O.C.G.A. §17-4-20 and O.C.G.A. §16-3-21. A peace officer may use deadly force to 1. arrest a suspected felon when he reasonably believes that the suspect poses an immediate threat of physical violence to the officer or others, 2. to protect himself and others from a life-threatening injury, and 3. to prevent the commission of a forcible felony. Mr. Brooks violently attacked two officers and disarmed one of them. When Mr. Brooks turned and pointed an object at Officer Rolfe, any officer would have reasonably believed that he intended to disarm, disable, or seriously injure him.”

The law firm argued that Brooks suddenly attacked Rolfe and Brosnan “without warning or provocation” when they placed him under arrest. The statement also said that the officers “used the least amount of force possible in their attempts to place Mr. Brooks into handcuffs,” which included Rolfe deploying his Taser twice.

“Officer Rolfe is well known to the courts and there is no compelling reason to bring any charges against them
before the GBI has completed its investigation and published its findings,” the statement concluded.
He took his taser , not his gun and the cop shot him in the back as he was running away.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Scores of Atlanta cops call out of work after ex-officer charged in Rayshard Brooks death
The Atlanta Police Department said it saw an uptick in the number of officers calling out of work on Wednesday night — hours after local prosecutors announced charges against the ex-cop who s…

I have verified this through my cousin who is a police person.

Total silence on the police band ... no response to calls or 911 and police dispatchers.

Mayor asked for surrounding municipalities to help ... total refusal by surrounding cities' cops.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
He took his taser, not his gun and the cop shot him in the back as he was running away.
To clarify, Brooks took the other officer's taser.
The shooting officer did not know what Brooks fired at him ... except that it made a bang and flash of fire came from weapon.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
GBI opens probe of Fulton DA Paul Howard over use of nonprofit funds
Paul Howard is in a hotly contested election race to succeed himself as District Attorney.
The GBI has opened an investigation of Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard and his use of a nonprofit to funnel at least $140,000 in city of Atlanta funds to supplement his salary and I he used this opportunity to strengthen his public image and chances in the upcoming election. The criminal investigation comes at a time when Howard, Fulton’s DA since 1997, is also facing allegations of sexual harassment, which he strongly denies.
The criminal investigation comes at a time when Howard, Fulton’s DA since 1997, is being challenged in the Democratic primary for reelection and is facing allegations of sexual harassment, which he strongly denies.
Howard is also facing a state ethics complaint for not disclosing he was a chief executive of the nonprofit, People Partnering for Progress, in personal financial statements. On April 15, the Georgia Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission charged Howard with a dozen disclosure violations, most of them involving PPP.
In 2014 the GBI also investigated Howard’s use of money forfeited by criminals to pay for galas and dinners for his staff and their families.

As a 45 year plus resident of Metro Atlanta, I can testify that Paul Howard is known as a major league political whore.
He is part of the Atlanta political power structure with aspirations of becoming the mayor of Atlanta someday.
He loves to put on a big show, like any DA and this is probably his best.
He also has an active id that is directly linked to his penis and has got him in hot water over the years.

Please don't think Paul Howard represents Atlanta ... shameful display of abuse of power and over-charging.
After watching the media circus by this DA, I agree that this DA is a stupid clown.
By upping the charges while the GBI is still investigating, shows that he is a media whore.
The GBI should stop their involvement with this case and let him go to court with just what facts he has.
It would be a slam dunk victory for the defense.
He is always a political clown ... he's been the DA for 24 years.
He gets corruption charges against him all the time.

Every lawyer I've seen on the local channels have said these charges against both officers will never stick!