Atlanta Hub Walkout

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Paying people that work at different locations different wages isn’t unfair. Where are you getting lost? How many times do you want to be wrong in one thread?
Just because you work for FedEx Dirt doesn't mean your fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants approach is applicable. FedEx Express Policy says you're wrong.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
FedEx has a policy called Guaranteed Fair Treatment, which prohibits different treatment for one person over another.
That's not what it does, nor is it what it's supposed to do. It's a catch-all appeals process mean to mimic, more or less, a union grievance process.

Both AFW and DFW are in the same market (only 20 miles apart), so increasing pay at one and not the other was unfair discrimination.
What's unfair about it? Fairness, in your eyes, would be to give the retention bonus to the location that doesn't need it. Alternatively, it would be to deny the bonus to the location that needs it because you aren't also giving it to the location that doesn't need it.

59 Dano

Just because you work for FedEx Dirt doesn't mean your fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants approach is applicable. FedEx Express Policy says you're wrong.
No it doesn't and you don't know what you're talking about. Not a clue. At all.
Show me where it prohibits that and I'll send $50 via Paypal to you or whichever person or charity you choose. You've got until 2022 CDT, 2 hours from now.

It will be fine

All my policies are cleared through the lawyers I keep on retainer. Discrimination has a real meaning. Different pay rates at different locations doesn’t meet the definition of discrimination. If it did, FedEx would need to pay the same rate across the country and potentially the world if they followed your clearly incorrect belief.

59 Dano

All my policies are cleared through the lawyers I keep on retainer. Discrimination has a real meaning. Different pay rates at different locations doesn’t meet the definition of discrimination. If it did, FedEx would need to pay the same rate across the country and potentially the world if they followed your clearly incorrect belief.
Hell, people working side by side in the same building don't even make the same rate.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Blanket raise, same market, same job, one location gets it, another doesn’t. If that’s fair and equitable then pigs fly.