Attack on 22.3 Jobs (2007? 2012)

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Those jobs used to be all FT jobs. Why does the Union allow them to be shifted to Art 22.3?
I don't think they were shifted to 22.3. In our local, they were part-timers doing them, then those part-time jobs were absorbed into 22.3 combos. Any 22.2s remain.

Also, in NE, one of UPS's proposals is turning the positioner/shifter 22.3 and 22.2 to part-time jobs. Or maybe it was only 22.3, but either way, it's an attack.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So it is okay to shift FT work to lower paying Art 22.3 jobs?
LOL, I just said it was an "attack" to change 22.3 positioners/car washers to part-time. From my understanding, that is one of UPS's ideas.

When I say shifter, I am not talking about feeders, I am talking about moving package cars.

If they were already 22.2 full rate and they were eliminated for part-time work, or 22.3, that is not okay.

I'm not quite sure of what you're asking.

You do know.... the difference between 22.2 and 22.3 jobs ?

-Bug-
I work with both 22.2 and 22.3 in the car wash. The company and the Union are letting the 22.3 work FT in the wash instead of working two PT jobs. I assume at the 22.3 rate. Tried to fight it but the BA said that it is fine.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I work with both 22.2 and 22.3 in the car wash.

There can only be a few carwash jobs.... even in a major Hub.

The company and the Union are letting the 22.3 work FT in the wash instead of working two PT jobs. I assume at the 22.3 rate.

It sounds like a case of "I don't really know".

22.3 combo's.... are just that. Combination jobs.

Tried to fight it but the BA said that it is fine.

How did you fight it ? Did you file a grievance ?

I am skeptical.... about your claims.

-Bug-

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Filed on it but the BA said the company had the right to work people where they are needed. My argument was a combination job was 4 hours on one job and 4 hours at a different job.
the side-deal between local 25 and UPS is, UPS can change half of your job. So they can work you 6 hours one job, 2 hours the other.

This issue is a dead-horse, I've been outspoken on this in the past. We've got 22.3 working the same job all 8+ hours.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Question. What's a few? We have 12 maybe more and I wouldn't consider us a major hub.

I'd also like to add that they are a different local then us also.

My Local has a major hub, and we don't have that many anymore.

About all they do now is reset the car line up every nite.

Works 7:45 car wash and 15 minutes midnight. Does that sound like a combination job to you.

Hmm.... not even close.

Maybe on a rare occasion, because of call-offs. (temporary staffing issues)

Filed on it but the BA said the company had the right to work people where they are needed.

Wow.

I'd be pissed if I were you. That's not a decision a BA should be making.

Because he's wrong.

the side-deal between local 25 and UPS is, UPS can change half of your job.

The only way the content of a 22.3 job should be changed, is on a re-bid

of the job when it is vacated. Reading these things makes me scratch my head.

My Local would be in an uproar over this.

-Bug-