Attendance Amnesty

WorkingAsDirected

Attendance infractions for CACH employees are being forgiven prior to July 6, 2020. Is this happening everywhere or just us? I wonder if the union had to give something up to make this happen or did the company do this out of the kindness of their heart.

cach .jpg

542thruNthru

This sounds more like a deal that was struck.

UPS wants to enforce attendance policy. Union has been using Covid as the reason they can't. Now from July 6th on (during max vacations) UPS will be able to discipline for all attendance infractions going forward without the local union fighting them on it.

upschuck

Had a sup do that with preload, don't think it was in writing, but during pcm. People had an obscene amount of occurrences, and wanting everyone get a fresh start, knowing that attendance policy was going to be enforced, hereafter.

zimbomb

If you have concerns that your employer is not allowing for safe social distancing or that it is not maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment to minimize the risk of spread of COVID-19, please contact the Workplace Rights Bureau of the Illinois Attorney General’s Office at 844-740-5076 or [email protected].

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
This notice is exactly what should be done when a policy/work rule/etc has not been enforced for a while, and the employer intends to resume enforcing it. Kudos to the Labor Dept @ CACH, Teamsters Locals 705 & 710, and IAM Local 701 for their handling of this issue properly.

AwashBwashCwash

Surreal letter.
Here we get 1 option day a year and no sick days.
On my Time-Off viewer on upsers it says the next date I earn sick time is in 2099, lol.
If you ever get sick, it's expected that your option day is there to cover that.
So in other words, don't get sick more than 1 day a year.
If you call out and don't have your option day, they start discipline instantly.

FreedomOne

Surreal letter.
On my Time-Off viewer on upsers it says the next date I earn sick time is in 2099, lol.
If you ever get sick, it's expected that your option day is there to cover that.
If you call out and don't have your option day, they start discipline instantly.

Yep, we have one sick/personal day. Option days are expected to be used otherwise.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Surreal letter.
What a joke! Transfer to the west