Attendance interpretation question

Pullman Brown

Worst I have ever seen! Been borrowing 5-15 drivers every day from surrounding centers who are properly staffed for over two months. Absolutely no leadership! Nobody cares! Union only cares about the Union! It’s maddening! Guys have been working 6 days for over 2 years! Guys are like go ahead-discipline you aren’t going to fire anybody because you can’t afford to lose anybody!

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Worst I have ever seen! Been borrowing 5-15 drivers every day from surrounding centers who are properly staffed for over two months. Absolutely no leadership! Nobody cares! Union only cares about the Union! It’s maddening! Guys have been working 6 days for over 2 years! Guys are like go ahead-discipline you aren’t going to fire anybody because you can’t afford to lose anybody!
They keep firing people on their 39th working day so T.S. to them

deeztier

similar situation here -
M-friend RPCD, 1 occurrence, so no attendence issue.
at the vacation bid back in January, I scheduled Friday option days for the next month. hoping for 3 day weekends, especially this time of year. So far, ive only been forced in 2 Saturdays since peak ended. Now these SOBs are forcing me in the Saturday after the first option day. Worst yet is they used a paid sick day without my consent. Will probably start racking up the occurrences weekly now. Building is usually overstaffed so wtf... ill file and see where it goes ...nowhere 🤔

Unknown1234

So I was pulled into the office today because I called out on Saturday. Normally I am m-friend but I was forced in last week on Saturday as well. I called Saturday morning and told my supervisor I wanted to use a sick day. Well today I was issued a verbal warning for using 3 call outs over a 90 day period. Each time, I have requested to use a sick day and two of the three were granted as such. This past Saturday, nothing was listed on my time card. Not call in or sick time. My question is why have sick days if I can't use them as needed. My supe tells me that even tho I used sick days, ups still considers that excessive absenses.
That’s exactly what they’re doing in my center ever since we got a new manager. Funny how 22.4 have a regular 5 day week but newly made RCPDs are being forced to work 6. No one likes to work Saturday not even 22.4s so staffing is definitely a problem for them when it comes to that day but comes Monday and want to give days off like it’s candy.

Fuzzy Brown

It’s the newest form of harassment.
Your center manager gets an email from Pittsburgh whenever you call in and it doesn’t matter what it’s coded they have to talk to you.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Well here, if you have time available......you have to work. This is a pretty basic concept....
Your response has zero to do with the issue being discussed.

You don't have to work if you call in and use a sick day.

There isn't a thing management can do to discipline you for using a sick day.

Hope this helps Sweet Heart.

Bob11B

File. Grievance for not being paid a sick day. They would have to pay you time and a half for a 6th punch. See how they respond to this? I assume they will say that they can’t pay you on an unscheduled day....although it is scheduled Bc they have you on the list. We have guys here that are starting to do this...no results yet to tell ya about.

That’s exactly what they’re doing in my center ever since we got a new manager. Funny how 22.4 have a regular 5 day week but newly made RCPDs are being forced to work 6. No one likes to work Saturday not even 22.4s so staffing is definitely a problem for them when it comes to that day but comes Monday and want to give days off like it’s candy.
Exactly what one of the 22.4 delivery drivers told me the other day. Said he will stay a 22.4 because at least he gets 2 days off a week. I thought he was wrong but that is his choice.

J.D. Hogg

So I was pulled into the office today because I called out on Saturday. Normally I am m-friend but I was forced in last week on Saturday as well. I called Saturday morning and told my supervisor I wanted to use a sick day. Well today I was issued a verbal warning for using 3 call outs over a 90 day period. Each time, I have requested to use a sick day and two of the three were granted as such. This past Saturday, nothing was listed on my time card. Not call in or sick time. My question is why have sick days if I can't use them as needed. My supe tells me that even tho I used sick days, ups still considers that excessive absenses.
Where I work, the managerial attitude is that attendance is optional.
There are employees who call off work at least 1 or 2 days per week.
:sleeping:

As long as you call in to the part-time supervisor at least one hour before the start time, they could care less if you're there; they just start calling the names on their list until someone else agrees to work.

Personally, I don't think it's good to employ people that call off all the time, but apparently my management doesn't care.