Has anyone actually been fired for attendance?

Madgreek

We got 2 guys who call out all the time and they get a simple final warning , but a third guy has like 20 days of bad attendance and might go to panel. whats up with that?

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
We got 2 guys who call out all the time and they get a simple final warning , but a third guy has like 20 days of bad attendance and might go to panel. whats up with that?
If you are not any of those 3 guys don't worry about it. Do your job and worry about yourself.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We have a gal that calls out 4-5 days straight every month. Free pass for her, nothing ever said.

oldngray

nowhere special
I knew a guy who got fired. He missed a lot of days because he had another business on the side. He cared more about that than working for UPS. He didn't even fight to try to get his job back.

MattM

At my building they say they have a new system where lates are instantly notified back to the boss/supervisors. Not sure if it’s a company wide initiative or our building is just catching up finally.

They seem to go through these spells of intense strictness or lax. We had a guy who was late 120 times but never had no calls, so they put up with it. This new system, there’s zero tolerance. We’re gonna lose half our workforce by the end of this year.

Karma...

I learned long ago that women are different than us (men) and thus have different rules to guide them..I am good with that.......it's one of the laws of nature and such is natural.....twist the twain shall never meet.......those that disagree just dont like women...

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I learned long ago that women are different than us (men) and thus have different rules to guide them..I am good with that.......it's one of the laws of nature and such is natural.....twist the twain shall never meet.......those that disagree just dont like women...
Men and women are different? That’s deep. 🤡
IMG_5042.gif