Attention Teamsters in the central region.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
An increase to the total number of 8 hour requests on a daily basis. 20% of the daily routes would be nice.

You have drivers on the bottom of the senority list who never get an 8 hour.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well there is zero chance I'll vote yes if they try to pass a tiered pay scale or if the raises aren't at least $1 a year (all that does is keep up with inflation). Also we need to keep the language about them not being able to use telematics to discipline us. A few things that aren't deal breakers but I would like to see is a 9.5 list that you don't have to go over 3 times to get on if you want your name on it it goes on or anytime over 9.5 to be automatic triple time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Telematics being used for discipline is going to happen, whether in 2013 or 2019. There is no way the company spent all of this money for "an automotive diagnostic tool" if they weren't planning on fully utilizing it, which would include for disciplinary purposes.

The company will need to sweeten the pot if they want to get a two-tiered pay scale passed. Can you say signing bonus?

I would prefer the PTers be taken care of with the starting wage bumped up to $10/hr and a wage differential of $4/hr if you decline to take the insurance.

Big Babooba

Telematics being used for discipline is going to happen, whether in 2013 or 2019. There is no way the company spent all of this money for "an automotive diagnostic tool" if they weren't planning on fully utilizing it, which would include for disciplinary purposes.

The company will need to sweeten the pot if they want to get a two-tiered pay scale passed. Can you say signing bonus?

I would prefer the PTers be taken care of with the starting wage bumped up to $10/hr and a wage differential of $4/hr if you decline to take the insurance.

There is a proposal to increase the minimum wage in Massachusetts to $10/hr.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I don't see that happening.... ever. Performance wise.... just to clarify.

I was at the last contract review. I still have my personal notes, from what was explained.

Monitoring drivers with telematics, was meant to "deter" drivers from going off area.... or doing something like sheeting packages without making a

delivery attempt. Using it as a tool to discipline drivers for performance, would be even more subjective than a actual ride.

Any driver that has had a 3-day ride knows, how controlled the situation is.... And very unrealistic.... compared to a "real" day.

I've always said.... it's a means to eliminate supervisors.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What are some of the things you are looking for as far as changes in our supplement.

I will have a better idea, once my Local has our contract proposal meeting.

Off the top of my head....

Part-timers want more of everything.

22.3 people want more language specific to the classification.

Pkg car drivers want to work less hours.... Period.

Feeder drivers just want some fuzzy dice to hang in the truck. :yesssmileyf:

-Bug-

CharleyHustle

Monitoring drivers with telematics, was meant to "deter" drivers from going off area.... or doing something like sheeting packages without making a

delivery attempt.

-Bug-

Compliance with the law and company directives is the major benefit. Take seat belts. When I started back in the early 80's I'd say less than 50% of drivers wore a seat belt all day. State laws and company directives brought that percentage way up but you can't observe all the time till telematics, which over the last year has brought the number close to 100% 100% of the time. This number was reached without one warning letter being issued. The company doesn't need to discipline off telematics because it works without it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The company doesn't need to discipline off telematics because it works without it.

We had a customer call in saying one of our drivers was speeding down her street---Telematics showed he was driving 56 mph in a 35 mph zone. (Telematics has no idea what the speed limit is---mgt went out to verify). This same driver was recently discharged for hitting a mailbox and not telling anyone about it. The customer complaint and Telematics data putting him there at that time were used in the termination. (He will most likely get his job back) We had another driver who was closing out pickup stops at 62 mph. These are the types of things I can see Telematics being used to support discipline.

Seatbelt use has increased dramatically and is at or near 100%.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We had a customer call in saying one of our drivers was speeding down her street---Telematics showed he was driving 56 mph in a 35 mph zone. (Telematics has no idea what the speed limit is---mgt went out to verify). This same driver was recently discharged for hitting a mailbox and not telling anyone about it. The customer complaint and Telematics data putting him there at that time were used in the termination. (He will most likely get his job back) We had another driver who was closing out pickup stops at 62 mph. These are the types of things I can see Telematics being used to support discipline.

We had a guy, who according to telematics, backed for 1.7 miles going 67mph in a residential neighborhood.
Telematics has shown me to have made a dr at a house across the street and down 3 houses from the intended address. Problem being the house shown on GoogleEarth in conjunction with the followup burned down and was leveled a year ago.
Telematics accused one of my coworkers, a thirty year man, of DRing a package in the woods adjacent to the intended subdivision.

Telematics is unreliable and has no place in the disciplinary process.

Delivered

kg Drivers automatic double time for any hours worked beyond 9.5 hrs year round. No lists to sign, no grievance, and no reasons or "emergencies" that would justify mgt putting us out over 9.5

I would like to see these things discussed:

1) increase the 30 and out- has not increased since 1997.
2) increase vacation for 30 years of service by one more week.
3) make the luch break optional to the employee to only take max of 15 minutes.

What do you want to see improved? Let share our thoughts and get our contract improved!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would like to see these things discussed:

1) increase the 30 and out- has not increased since 1997.

I assume by increased you mean the pension payment. Agreed.

2) increase vacation for 30 years of service by one more week.

If they take care of #1 why would you need #2?

3) make the luch break optional to the employee to only take max of 15 minutes.

15 minutes is hardly worth stopping for--30 minutes sounds better to me.

What do you want to see improved? Let share our thoughts and get our contract improved!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
kg Drivers automatic double time for any hours worked beyond 9.5 hrs year round. No lists to sign, no grievance, and no reasons or "emergencies" that would justify mgt putting us out over 9.5

It's not about the money. It's about getting off the clock in 9.5. Have the language say no working past 9.5 period and make it a mgmnt problem to get you done, not a driver problem.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Are these driverz out there trying to beat ups standards or are they just idiots?when you cut back the allowances so much,then pressure people to make them things like this WILL happen...on a daily basis.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are these driverz out there trying to beat ups standards or are they just idiots?when you cut back the allowances so much,then pressure people to make them things like this WILL happen...on a daily basis.

They are idiots. One of them nearly ran me over in the parking lot last night. I was standing in the crosswalk which has a stop sign and he blew through the stop sign (in his own vehicle) at about 20-25 mph.

brown bomber

brown bomber
They are idiots. One of them nearly ran me over in the parking lot last night. I was standing in the crosswalk which has a stop sign and he blew through the stop sign (in his own vehicle) at about 20-25 mph.
guess it traumatized you enough to take today off....by looking at the time posted........or else if you are working, and have time to read through posts you're obviously "stealing time"....you need more work