August 1st 2024

What are you going to do with the 75 cent raise?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I was trying to give him clues that I’m from Jersey.
Those Jersey Dad's bring their son's up the hard way...
1714319980639.png

Brownwind

For that reason I’ve been buying Bitcoin and am tempted to put the next raise into that. I’ve already been “stacking” for a while to counter inflation in my savings account. I guess it could help with my 401k as well.
I’m scared of Bitcoin and NFT’s. I just don’t have the understanding of unregulated markets.
A savings account is probably where most of us are going to put the raise.

It’s only going be 30 bucks a week. Two four packs

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
I’m scared of Bitcoin and NFT’s. I just don’t have the understanding of unregulated markets.
A savings account is probably where most of us are going to put the raise.

It’s only going be 30 bucks a week. Two four packs
I respect that someone won't invest in something they don't understand. That's smart. I waited a long time for that reason. Then FOMO settled in so I started putting in small amounts here and there.

Then once I learned more and learned to "zoom out" on those charts, I decided to DCA Bitcoin every week with what I could afford after my 401K. I ended up diverting ALL of what I was putting into my savings account every week to that. My Bitcoin balance has outperformed everything. Let alone my bank savings account. It would take decades for my savings account to earn that much. And inflation can really knock some off the top of those. Especially with the way Congress behaves these days.

I definitely wouldn't mess with NFTs.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don't know what you're talking about. I live pretty good on $45 an hour here in SoCal. I can even afford to buy a real man's car unlike the poor part timers that have to drive civics.
You could move to southern California right now and purchase a place and live pretty good on 45 bucks an hour, and whatever your partner makes???