August 1 Raise.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My timecard also doesn't reflect the raise. I believe it did this last year too but the first paycheck was corrected.

It's typical UPS. How hard would it be for them to change the displayed rates on day 1? Like they don't know when it's coming.
All part of the game just play along

Kingofthenorth

No matter how much you make you just got to spend a little less than you earn.
I know that's very basic.
When I first started working here I had one of the old timers walk up to Mrs dude you have to put the $6 a week into the thrift plan.
He also said start a credit union account.
So that's what I did. Every week I had $6 taken out of my paycheck for the thrift plan and $5 went into the credit union.
You have to start somewhere
You gotta cover your needs though. Many jobs don't pay enough to live in many areas of the country anymore.

Well it’s not contractual so they come and go.🤷‍♂️ Part timers here got MRA back this week but I do not think they get the bonus anymore.
Ours went up to $19/hr and ended the bonus. While I am happy to see the new guys get a raise I wonder how long it will be before it is eliminated. Another mass quitting like last time.

Thebrownblob

Ours went up to $19/hr and ended the bonus. While I am happy to see the new guys get a raise I wonder how long it will be before it is eliminated. Another mass quitting like last time.
Probably sometime in January, They did a similar thing last year to attract people for peak and then pulled it away in the middle of January. No worries the negotiations are going to be underway and it will be a permanent raise shortly.

Zowert

You gotta cover your needs though. Many jobs don't pay enough to live in many areas of the country anymore.
This is true. If you get on your local Craigslist job ads and browse through “all jobs” you’ll realize how underpaid the majority of the workforce is. $15-20/hr seems to be the normal for unskilled labor in high cost of living areas like San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, etc. What I find insulting are the companies that offer a 401k match (usually at 4%) while paying $17/hr. How much do you think your employee is going to contribute to their 401k when they’re only making $35,360 a year? Especially when you only cover 50% of the health insurance your company offers.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Probably sometime in January, They did a similar thing last year to attract people for peak and then pulled it away in the middle of January. No worries the negotiations are going to be underway and it will be a permanent raise shortly.
And a $300 peak bonus cause we Zimbabwe now
Zimbabwe_Hyperinflation_2008_notes.jpg