Author on Christmas Night CNBC show about UPS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Greg Niemann, author of Big Brown: The Untold Story of UPS, was interviewed on tape for a CNBC special half-hour television show about United Parcel Service. The show, called “Industrial Strength: UPS” will air nationally on CNBC on December 25, at 8:30 p.m. on the West coast - 11:30 p.m. on the East coast Please notify others who might be interested.

For more about the book and author, see: www.gregniemann.com

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'll mark my calendar for that show.......however, at 8:30 PM that's during Bob's pre-sleep. You know, the nap he takes before going to bed. Men!!

Did anyone record this show? I was told that I can be seen in the interview. I was an hourly employee working in the Louisville Hub at the time the interview was taken. If any one has any information about the show, or how I can get a copy, please get back to me at [email protected]

Thank You

Tamara

my2cents

Hi Tamara,

I managed to watch the half-hour show last night, as too much food kept me awake and curiosity got the best of me, as I have read Greg Niemann's book. At any rate, I wouldn't be surprised if it is rebroadcast. Furthermore, you can also check back on this page to see if the show appears under the "CNBC Original Productions" listings, which it is.

IMO, the show is worth one's time to view. The program is well produced and moves right along. The history of the company is highlighted, Louisville's Worldport and Supply Chain Solutions units are featured as well. Rank and filers will also appreciate the segments on Marty Peters, the 60+ year UPS veteran, who appears to be a very likable guy. Greg Niemann is interviewed throughout the show for insights into the Big Brown Machine, which he readily provides. Moreover, if Greg's book goes into another printing, this show could be cited on the cover.