Available Hours

pretender

Wow.
How are you stayng warm during that cold day in hell?

I am nice and toasty since I retired...

I was forced to work, but I had enough seniority to do an airport shuttle run, though the rest of the drivers that had to go out as helpers. The following year I scheduled a surgery for Dec. 23rd, and last year I retired on Dec 1st.

We have a unique situation in our area, and our BA told us we had to work. But--never say never...

happybob

Feeders
It's all a little confusing and here is why. Under the new Hours of Service Rules any rest breaks we take do not count towards our hours of service. Our IVIS software has been updated to reflect the change and our paid 10 minute breaks are deducted from our total ICC hours of service.. My supervisor informed myself and a few other drivers last week that we can now work 61 hours and 40 minutes each week and if we take both breaks each day we would not be in violation of the 60 hour rule. If I have 7.95(7 hours and 58 min) available ICC hours and work my guarantees 8 hours, take my two breaks I would be using 7.66 ICC service hours. Why do I need 8 ICC hours to complete 7 hours and 40 minutes of work? Working as a shifter, which we do every day as feeder drivers would have allowed me to punch out before going into violation. The other part of this confusion is I reported because I believed my hours had reset. On Sun Dec 8th I finished work at 5pm. Reported to work on Tue at 8am, hours reset, since I had more than 34 hours off and 2 periods between 1-5am. Finished work Saturday 14th at 815pm then reported to work on Mon the 16th at 8am. Took more than 34 hours off and 2 periods between 1-5am. My start time of 8am on Mon 16th is more than 168 hours since the beginning of my last restart period on Sun Dec 8th at 5pm. Have my hours reset? I've been told by my steward they did, my dispatch manager they did, on road supervisor said they did not. If they didn't reset like I thought they did it was due to confusion with the new hours of service rules. If they didn't reset then I revert back to original argument. Why do I need 8 ICC hours to work my guaranteed 8 hours since my breaks don't count as hours of service? I guess the final ruling on the grievance will give me my answer.