B I O B....blame it on Bush...

island1fox

Island,

lets look at the facts and not the hysteria, shall we?

Reagan cut the top 1% tax bracket 25% in order to create jobs. (FACT) When Reagan took office, Carter had an unemployment record of 1977-7.1% / 1978-6.1% / 1979-5.8% / 1980-7.1%, so the theory was to CUT taxes for the richest people in the country in order to create jobs. Ok, the trickle down theory was born.

But what happened in reality? Reagan after 1 year in office = 8.4%, Reagan after 2 years in office = 10.7%, Reagan after 3 years in office = 8.2%, Reagan after 4 years in office = 7.8%, Reagan after 5 years in office = 7.5%, Reagan after 6 years in office = 6.9%, Reagan after 7 years in office = 6.1%, Reagan in his final year = 5.8%.

Whats the difference between Jimmy Carters best unemployment record and Reagan with tax cuts??? ANSWER: nothing. Carters best was 5.8% the same as Reagan.

Following Reagan, BUSH 1 took that 5.8% in 4 years to 7.8%.

Combining both Reagan and Bush1 and you get WORSE than Carter.

Clinton RAISED taxes back to pre Reagan levels and in 8 years, reduced unemployment to 4% when he left office.!

BUSH2 cut those taxes back to Reagans level and unemployment went from 4% to 7.8 in 8 years mimicking the REAGAN/BUSH record.

Now Obama with his stimulus programs and bailouts of wall street and banks and auto companies took that 7.8 and rose to 10.2% in his second year, the unemployment began to stabilize and lower to 8.7% until the BUSH tax cuts were extended, and BLAM!

JUST LIKE THAT, unemployment rises again to 9.1%.

TAX CUTS for the rich just dont create jobs, thats a proven fact. It may be the rhetoric that the right wing uses to sell its followers who dont bother to reflect on the historical record, but its just not true.

Since the republicans took control of the house, gasoline has spiked and gone over 4 bucks a gallon, unemployment has risen and the stock market crashed.

What is it about republican leadershp has you convinced that they are the best ones to run the country given the historical record?

Peace.

TOS,
Shame on you. No hysteria on my part. You completely missed the major point. OBAMA had the power ,the entire Congress the total power to make whatever changes he decided would fix the problem. Raise tax, lower tax --WHATEVER !!!!
Obama ,like you--live in the past. I do not care about Reagon--he is dead---I do not care about Clinton --he is the past.
While we can learn from the past you cannot live there. Obama has done NOTHING to solve the economic problems. He can only blame Bush or Corporations or Banks or tea parties or Japan or the Republicans or Congress or Rush L. or bad luck or "things out of his control " ?????
Please you are smarter than this. Put the Kool aid down and look at reality.
The man has NO plan, Lets others make key decisions,lacks courage and relies only on pretty telepromter talks. I wanted Hope and Change. I got a professional,dishonest,promise breaking slick Chicago politician.
Many, many Democrats or Republicans easily could and would do a much better job.

STOP the blaming and complaining and DO something. Obama: "I will have a plan by Sept" ????????? LAME !!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS,
Shame on you. No hysteria on my part. You completely missed the major point. OBAMA had the power ,the entire Congress the total power to make whatever changes he decided would fix the problem. Raise tax, lower tax --WHATEVER !!!!
Obama ,like you--live in the past. I do not care about Reagon--he is dead---I do not care about Clinton --he is the past.
While we can learn from the past you cannot live there. Obama has done NOTHING to solve the economic problems. He can only blame Bush or Corporations or Banks or tea parties or Japan or the Republicans or Congress or Rush L. or bad luck or "things out of his control " ?????
Please you are smarter than this. Put the Kool aid down and look at reality.
The man has NO plan, Lets others make key decisions,lacks courage and relies only on pretty telepromter talks. I wanted Hope and Change. I got a professional,dishonest,promise breaking slick Chicago politician.
Many, many Democrats or Republicans easily could and would do a much better job.

STOP the blaming and complaining and DO something. Obama: "I will have a plan by Sept" ????????? LAME !!!!

Island,

So i take it you agree that cutting taxes doesnt work.

Peace.

island1fox

Island,

So i take it you agree that cutting taxes doesnt work.

Peace.

TOS,
From my post any clear thinking American would agree that Obama is incompetant. This thread was about blame.
If you work in a center or hub , District or Division that was totally out of control because of some incompetant manager--that Manager gets replaced and now three years later the Manager that has been in control blames the drivers, the hub workers, the union the Manager from three years ago ??????

If you must know my tax position , I am in favor of completely revamping the tax laws. Remove all deductions for Corporations ,rich, --in fact for everyone.
Lower the marginal tax rates for all ---to attack a trillion dollar plus underground economy a 2% national sales tax to only pay down the debt.Not on food or clothing only luxury items. Lower the Corporate tax rate to make America competetive --but no deductions.Corporations manufacturing and producing and processing out of the U.S --a heavy tax imposed. Corporations paying below the minimum wage or hiring and abusing illegals --massive fines for first offense-second offense --jail time !!
Passing a balanced budget amendment --spend only what you take in --like we do ---argue how to spend it ---but no government borrowing.
There would be much more I would do --but I am not President---What has OBAMA done ???

The stimulous should not have been for special interests groups and government workers. One trillion dollar tax holiday for all hard working Americans with the extra cash in your paycheck spread all across the economy would have had an extremely positive effect.
But again --back to main point I am not the President.
If Obama believed the Bush tax cuts were bad and raising taxes would work ---do it. As a newly elected President with the public momentum and the :sick:Democrat House and Senate HE COULD HAVE RAISED TAXES !!!!!
He does nothing but BLAME and Complain. He is incompetant. If he were in a private business such as UPS --He would be replaced for lack of planning, lack of problem solving, incompetance,lack of results and lowering the morale of the people,not doing what he said he would do, delegating his decisions to incompetant people, lack of leadership skills --an empty suit . Hope I was clear enough.

TOS,
From my post any clear thinking American would agree that Obama is incompetant. This thread was about blame.
If you work in a center or hub , District or Division that was totally out of control because of some incompetant manager--that Manager gets replaced and now three years later the Manager that has been in control blames the drivers, the hub workers, the union the Manager from three years ago ??????

If you must know my tax position , I am in favor of completely revamping the tax laws. Remove all deductions for Corporations ,rich, --in fact for everyone.
Lower the marginal tax rates for all ---to attack a trillion dollar plus underground economy a 2% national sales tax to only pay down the debt.Not on food or clothing only luxury items. Lower the Corporate tax rate to make America competetive --but no deductions.Corporations manufacturing and producing and processing out of the U.S --a heavy tax imposed. Corporations paying below the minimum wage or hiring and abusing illegals --massive fines for first offense-second offense --jail time !!
Passing a balanced budget amendment --spend only what you take in --like we do ---argue how to spend it ---but no government borrowing.
There would be much more I would do --but I am not President---What has OBAMA done ???

The stimulous should not have been for special interests groups and government workers. One trillion dollar tax holiday for all hard working Americans with the extra cash in your paycheck spread all across the economy would have had an extremely positive effect.
But again --back to main point I am not the President.
If Obama believed the Bush tax cuts were bad and raising taxes would work ---do it. As a newly elected President with the public momentum and the :sick:Democrat House and Senate HE COULD HAVE RAISED TAXES !!!!!
He does nothing but BLAME and Complain. He is incompetant. If he were in a private business such as UPS --He would be replaced for lack of planning, lack of problem solving, incompetance,lack of results and lowering the morale of the people,not doing what he said he would do, delegating his decisions to incompetant people, lack of leadership skills --an empty suit . Hope I was clear enough.
So you think the price of eggs in China is too high? :devil3:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

TOS,

From my post
any clear thinking American would agree that Obama is incompetant. This thread was about blame. If Obama
believed the Bush tax cuts were bad and raising taxes would work ---do it. As a
newly elected President with the public momentum and the Democrat House and
Senate HE COULD HAVE RAISED TAXES !!!!!

He does nothing but BLAME and Complain. .

Island, I respect your whole post, and agree with a majority of your points, however, one of the problems with the arguments over the budget or how
goverment works in the first place is the LACK OF UNDERSTANDING of how goverment works.

Two points in the sections I quoted you on. First, you say Obama is incompetent. Whats that based on? Look at where the country was when he took over. A nation in a free
falling recession. A stock market that lost over 3.5 trillion dollars in value in less than 8 years, 7.8 unemployment and rising to levels that had no
ceiling. Month over month job losses from BUSH that totaled 750 thousand jobs a month. A housing crisis with millions of homes scheduled to default in the
coming years. Wall street hiding crooked books all cooked under BUSH"s watch. Over 11 million jobs sent overseas in the 8 years previous. Negative GDP growth
for much of the last two years of BUSH. Oil skyrocketed to 150 dollars a barrel and 5 bucks a gallon for years.

And then , compare that to OBAMA. Positive GDP growth in all quarters (negative means recession), wall street back on its feet even after this last crisis
which was manufactured and re-correcting. Job losses held to under 425 thousand a month (325 thousand a month fewer than BUSH), the housing market slowing down
in foreclosures but still weak NO FAULT OF HIS. A stimulus bill that gave us ALL A TAX BREAK, two reductions in the payroll tax for all of us on the clock,
A health care reform bill that passed and is now protecting americans and providing coverage. Oil stable for 2 years at under 80 dollars a barrel, then
spiked when the republicans took control and shot to 115 a barrel. Today , down to 85 bucks a barrel and price easing at the pumps. HIghest production of USA
crude in 10 years. Masses of overstock of supply of oil.

This "record" is far better today, then it was under bush. Is it the greatest? NO WAY., is it better than it was ABSOLUTELY. Would anyone want to
return to the direction of the Bush administration and the republicans in congress and senate NO WAY.

This country is in a mess, it had to get here somehow, and to suggest that OBAMA drove a perfectly fine economy and govermental system into the ground is
to ignore the FACTS.

Only an "incompetent" person would suggest such. The facts just dont add up.

The right wing wants everyone on the "right" to forget about how we got here into this mess. They try to stay ahead of the curve by telling us to
move on. But it isnt that simple. The damage done to this country by the Bush Administration will take YEARS to correct, not months. There is no magic fix.

You all wanted wars? You got em, now pick up the tab its 3.5 trillion dollars. The bill for that was waiting on Obamas desk when he walked in. You wanted a
prescription drug bill? You got it, now pick up the tab its a half a trillion dollars. That bill was sitting on Obamas desk when he walked in. You wanted to
bail out morgan stanley, AIG, Lehman Bros and the like? You got it, that cost you 3.2 trillion dollars and went unpaid. You wanted a personal stimulus check
from BUSH for all americans? You got it, that cost you 1.2 trillion dollars. Bush wanted to give 40.000 thousand dollars to poor people to use as down
payments? You got it, that cost you 1 trillion dollars. You wanted a tax cut because BUSH said a surplus was a bad idea? You got it, that cost you 3.5
trillion dollars.

How do any of you PURPORT that OBAMA cover all these losses in his first 24 months? What was he suppose to do that would have changed any of the
circumstances we are in today??

The damage was extensive, but the right wing wants you to forget these things and focus on social security, medicare, abortion, immigration, healthcare, and
tax cuts. How do you all believe we got into this mess? Do you really believe this damage to our country was done after January 31st 2009?? My answer is that
a person would have to be "incompetent" to believe such.

To my second point. You said "If Obama believed the Bush tax cuts were bad and raising taxes would work ---do it. As a newly elected President with the public
momentum and the Democrat House and Senate HE COULD HAVE RAISED TAXES!!!!!""

Now I know you are an educated man but I have to question your knowledge of how congress works.

Yes, you are partially correct in stating that Obama had both houses of congress, but you leave the tracks with respect to the tax extensions. First,
you have to understand that the original tax cut plan by BUSH was for 10 years, and expiring at the end of december 2010. With this in mind, understand that it
was done this way for a reason. The midterms would be held the month before, and this issue was used as a campaign issue by the republicans for those
midterms and it worked. The republicans layed down a political minefield for the democrats and then played up on that by saying it would create jobs.. SO FAR, ZERO JOBS.

Obama never had a chance to utilize his congress control because they lost the election and a deal was made with the republicans.

Obama could have never allowed the tax cuts to expire for political reasons, not economic reasons. Today however, its a new ballgame. After the S&P Tea
Party downgrade, taxes are back in play and look for them to be raised on the top 1%. There is no way around that now.

This is politics, and your anger should be with the players who are playing with yours and your families lives just to win office.

The republicans dont have any ideas other than taking from the poor and elderly, moving up to the middle class and protecting the richest people in america.

Its all a terrible game and all we can do is watch it play out and hope for the best.

Peace.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Again, with the lack of understanding!!! I'm so sorry, Island, that you don't and possibly can't understand the astute & brilliant TOS.

I am also sorry, Trp, Baba, and others that you are incapable of understanding TOS either.

We are all at a loss not being able to understand TOS.......except for Special K.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Again, with the lack of understanding!!! I'm so sorry, Island, that you don't and possibly can't understand the astute & brilliant TOS.

I am also sorry, Trp, Baba, and others that you are incapable of understanding TOS either.

We are all at a loss not being able to understand TOS.......except for Special K.

That about covers it.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its not really that any of you dont understand reality, its just that you dont WANT to accept reality. Forgeting about BUSH and the damage done to this country is to not recognize how extensive the damage really was. A republican campaign of telling its followers to urge everyone else to "move on" and forget about BUSH is exactly the problem with todays republican voters.

They fall for the same old ideas about trickle down economics, abortion, heathcare, immigration and tax cuts for the rich.

All these concepts are PROVEN failures.

Abortion? Still the law of the land. Republicans only care about it every 4 years.

Economics? Still convincing its voters that rich people create jobs! Even though the unemployment history of tax cuts shows otherwise.

Healthcare? The republicans have done everything in every state to get the burden of health care off the employers and onto the backs of the employees. They would prefer no one had health care, and if they did, it should come out of the paychecks of employees while taking a pay cut. (a double hit)

Immigration? There are plenty of corporations across this country using illegals. There are plenty of small businesses using illegals. But where is the republican outrage in each state? Why do they wait till an election to get something done? They confuse the issue with immigration by suggesting that our borders are the key to controlling immigration knowing full well our immigration problem stems from overstayed visas and legal crossings.

The same game, different names, same outcome.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Its not really that any of you dont understand reality, its just that you dont WANT to accept reality. Forgeting about BUSH and the damage done to this country is to not recognize how extensive the damage really was. A republican campaign of telling its followers to urge everyone else to "move on" and forget about BUSH is exactly the problem with todays republican voters.

They fall for the same old ideas about trickle down economics, abortion, heathcare, immigration and tax cuts for the rich.

All these concepts are PROVEN failures.

Abortion? Still the law of the land. Republicans only care about it every 4 years.

Economics? Still convincing its voters that rich people create jobs! Even though the unemployment history of tax cuts shows otherwise.

Healthcare? The republicans have done everything in every state to get the burden of health care off the employers and onto the backs of the employees. They would prefer no one had health care, and if they did, it should come out of the paychecks of employees while taking a pay cut. (a double hit)

Immigration? There are plenty of corporations across this country using illegals. There are plenty of small businesses using illegals. But where is the republican outrage in each state? Why do they wait till an election to get something done? They confuse the issue with immigration by suggesting that our borders are the key to controlling immigration knowing full well our immigration problem stems from overstayed visas and legal crossings.

The same game, different names, same outcome.

Peace.

Then in the same breath of your 2nd sentence, don't forget about 9-11 and the damage that was done to this country. 10 year anniversary coming up soon.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh, I accept reality. When Santorum and Paul say there were called by their creator to run for president.....I know that God was butt-dialing!

moreluck

golden ticket member
......."Why do they wait till an election to get something done? ................"(TOS)

The same reason Obama has let the fraud that he says exists in medicare & medicaid and welfare to continue for almost 3 years.
The same reason he has a plan for jobs (he says) but isn't showing anyone for weeks.....
Obama does everything like a magic show with a big reveal and it all campaigning!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
......."Why do they wait till an election to get something done? ................"(TOS)

The same reason Obama has let the fraud that he says exists in medicare & medicaid and welfare to continue for almost 3 years.
The same reason he has a plan for jobs (he says) but isn't showing anyone for weeks.....
Obama does everything like a magic show with a big reveal and it all campaigning!!

Obama is releasing the plan when CONGRESS returns to work. Is that hard to grasp?

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama is releasing the plan when CONGRESS returns to work. Is that hard to grasp?

Peace.

He could put it on the internet for 72 hours so America could study it......remember, like he promised he would do with all bills?

He hasn't even begun to compose anything is the reason he won't show it. Bluff, lie, call it what you will....