BA selling out stewards

Integrity

Binge Poster
They are not worried about this because there’s nothing that could be said that would be true. Also all the stewards are United and won’t engage in this.
If they are not worried about this and the Stewards are all united then what would be the need to find out if anybody has seen this happen or if anybody has pushed back and if so how?

What alleged rumors is the BA spreading about these 2 stewards?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes there is a lot that can be done by having a meeting outside of the normal grind and addressing issues that are taking place for the workers but not a meeting about the BA wanting to address rumors about himself because he is having struggles with his relationship with stewards and members in both feeder and package car. Especially if your approach is confrontational.
You may want to start at the beginning and give all the facts.

Just a suggestion.

If they are not worried about this and the Stewards are all united then what would be the need to find out if anybody has seen this happen or if anybody has pushed back and if so how?

What alleged rumors is the BA spreading about these 2 stewards?
Too see what measures can be taking with having a BA that tries to bully and intimidate members and stewards.

Inthegame

Too see what measures can be taking with having a BA that tries to bully and intimidate members and stewards.
And how do we know any of your allegations are true? Sounds like you may be spreading rumors?

Here's the deal...too often members speak to a guy who told them he heard from somebody who heard from someone that something might happen...

The BA would be irresponsible if he didn't try to address rumors, and the stewards have a duty to be informed.

You may want to start at the beginning and give all the facts.

Just a suggestion.
Thank you.
The issues have been with this BA’s approach. He pushes back at members and stewards and doesn’t have the same approach with management which has been rubbing members the wrong way.
this just keeps building up every time there is a new issue.
he gets dismissive and uses threats as his way to approach members. It’s not just with stewards.
there have been multiple incidents.
One example: our center had to send drivers over to another hub. This BA met with management and approached members and stewards that bid drivers would be sent over for a month. Stewards and members pushed back that bid drivers should be protected as they have their own route. BA response was to gather us around and threaten us that if we didn’t accept it that it would be longer than a month.
this was taken care of by everyone contacting the secretary of treasury who came down and corrected it.
Again the issue is this BA’s approach. Even when he approached these stewards about them not attending his breakfast. He approached them in front of everyone, including management, with a confrontational approach that ended in him and making threats at them.
members and stewards have lost respect for him. Even though this may be the case stewards are still willing to have a meeting, as what should be part of the job before the building starts, but not to go break bread with this guy.

And how do we know any of your allegations are true? Sounds like you may be spreading rumors?

Here's the deal...too often members speak to a guy who told them he heard from somebody who heard from someone that something might happen...

The BA would be irresponsible if he didn't try to address rumors, and the stewards have a duty to be informed.
You are right. I can truly only speak about what I have seen this BA do directly. And I can’t say for sure exactly how this BA has approached the stewards or other members for times I was present.
with that being said - I have directly seen this BA use a confrontational and threatening approach.
I’m not the only one that feels this BA takes the wrong approach. And it has been addressed with him which only results in more threats and confrontation.

Inthegame

If your statements are accurate, and others feel the same, he has a boss that should be hearing from members. We had an agent in our local that many members didn't care for his attitude/demeanor. But when they got in trouble, he was the guy they wanted next to them at the termination hearing. Sometimes you sacrifice bedside manner for results.

I could see the trade off. I’m not saying that he hasn’t sided with members at all. But when he doesn’t, it’s like he gets combative with the members and stewards. Most of us have been just calling his boss when this is happening. Which has resulted in the BA’s boss coming down to the hub or calling management to handle situations. I guess it’s just waiting for the BA’s boss to get tired of us calling.

Indecisi0n

BA is upset that only 2 stewards out of the 3 centers went to his 7am breakfast. He approached these 2 stewards (discussed about above) (separately) about not attending the breakfast, which both told him that they would not attend breakfast at any time with him but would instead meet with him at the building. He didn’t like this and started verbally threatening that he would take their stewardship away.
What did he serve for breakfast?

542thruNthru

So from what it sounds like to me there are rumors going around the building about how the BA treats members. From the actions of the stewards it seems they are helping spread the rumors. So the BA sets up a breakfast meeting with HIS stewards to address these rumors with them. Instead of the stewards coming to the meeting and hearing him out and then addressing their concerns they completely blow him off further diminishing the BAs reputation with the members.

You also say that he would have gotten a better turn out if he had done it at the building which means one of two things to me. Either they don't want to show up early to speak with the BA or they are cowards and feel safety in numbers with other members around.

Stewards need a working relationship with their BA and vice versa. To start a little mutiny on either side does nothing for the members and seems more selfish than anything else in my eyes.

Like Inthegame said the BA has a boss. How about you have a sit down with all parties and try and settle this without it spilling over into the members workplaces where management can take advantage of the in fighting.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I don't know who these disgruntled, entitled Package Steward(s) are but the 104 Feeder Stewards are 100% united in support of our BA's performance and we have some long time stewards who are very difficult to please. I have worked for more than half a dozen BA's and ours has been the most responsive in communication and to our needs. This BA stepped up when no one else would and that includes myself. Get off your high horse and don't think for one second you speak for the Feeder Stewards. You have a BA who schedules regular meetings with you, sends a weekly text with itinerary, and responds promptly to phone messages or texts even when on vacation or out sick, and took a significant pay cut to do the job, what more do you want? Come see me any night in Phoenix as I'd love to say more face to face rather than responding to ch!ck3n:censored2: posts like this one.