Back to work

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Welcome back! Expecting any lingering side effects?

I would think that any side effects would be psychological rather than physical as he will always have this injury in the back of his mind, much like a pitcher who has had Tommy John surgery may be reluctant to uncork a high heater for fear he may reinjure himself.

bbsam

Staff member
possibly. I've seen some guys off for long periods of time who have a difficult time getting back in. Some with significant weight gain, others simply hadn't use muscle groupings in the extended time that they had forgotten just how hard the job can be.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would find myself being extra careful where I step and taking longer to get on and off the car than need be. Winters would be worse as I would worry that one slip could effectively end my career.

!Retired!

I would think that any side effects would be psychological rather than physical as he will always have this injury in the back of his mind, much like a pitcher who has had Tommy John surgery may be reluctant to uncork a high heater for fear he may reinjure himself.
I always think about my knees. I had arthroscopic on both. Doesn't matter if I'm working, playing ball or just mowing the lawn.

DontThrowPackages

But not reluctant to uncork a Low heater?

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Welcome back! Expecting any lingering side effects?
I will be starting out slow, with work restrictions. I did gain 45 lbs and none of my uniforms fit. I'm pretty certain I will be route training and mentoring newer drivers in our group.

Thanks for the welcome back.

STFXG

I lost 25 when I had my knee surgery. Laying around on pain killers killed my appetite.

Take it easy. No reason to rush.

Sent using BrownCafe App

HomeDelivery

you should have spent those 6 months looking for a better job while you were recovering... but, alas, the job market still sucks

a few drivers in my hub had moved on & now a contractor is scrambling to get replacement drivers while i cover one of his routes in the meantime (he should know that paying just a tad above min wage isn't working for his business model)

nevertheless, welcome back & if you're a ground driver instead of a HD driver, well you got more box-humping than me ~ i'm still on easy st/ less stress