Background Check

Exec32

Wait a minute, did the contractor run your background or fedex. Silly question, sorry I just thought the contractor was responsible for ALL of their own employees.
Independent contractor my @ss. You guys still dont run your own background checks. You allow X to collect personal information on your employees, and these people are consenting to this. Does no one see the problem...

It will be fine

Wait a minute, did the contractor run your background or fedex. Silly question, sorry I just thought the contractor was responsible for ALL of their own employees.
Independent contractor my @ss. You guys still dont run your own background checks. You allow X to collect personal information on your employees, and these people are consenting to this. Does no one see the problem...
FedEx ran a background check on my mechanic and his employees too. Do you think they run his company too?

dudebro

Actually no they cant. A criminal background check is only allowed to go back 7 years in some states and 10 in others to give felons a chance at a job who have been clean. Yes i did catch a case at 17. Yes i did go to jail for a few years. But. I am now 34 have not been in trouble in 14 years. So i still deserve a chance.

While you do deserve a chance, Illinois has no law that limits job background checks to seven years. The guy that said they can call your preschool, was right.

Eleven states restrict reporting information on any case older than seven years. These states include: California, Colorado, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts,Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Texas, and Washington.

Exec32

FedEx ran a background check on my mechanic and his employees too. Do you think they run his company too?
How about this, you run background checks on them (X) and their employees. After all they do go on your trucks, and you have compromised all of your company and employees private identifying information to them. See how that goes. Let me know your results.

It will be fine

And you let them? Did you even question them?
I guess the answer is yes then no.
Did I let Fedex background check my mechanic? What a bizarre question. I have no authority over either one. It’s fedex’s property, they can place any restrictions on entry they want to. If the burden was more than my mechanic was willing to endure I’d have a different mechanic.

Mutineer

Did I let Fedex background check my mechanic? What a bizarre question. I have no authority over either one. It’s fedex’s property, they can place any restrictions on entry they want to. If the burden was more than my mechanic was willing to endure I’d have a different mechanic.

My favorite mobile mechanic was an old Italian guy. Used him for years. He needed help with some of the heavy lifting so the bill would usually reflect that. Learned alot helping him out.

When XG got all persnickity about background checks and some lower level management critter gave him crap about something one day, that was the last we saw of him.

Exec32

Again is that in writing, that X will background check anyone associated with your business that comes on their property. (That's your job)
By the way are you going to background check X and all their employees, after all they access your trucks.
Finally, have you ever conducted your own background checks on any of your own employees and told X, dont worry about doing a background on my employees, I got that covered.
Their called policies and procedures, for a business owner, however I see most of you guys still act, think, and look like employees.

It will be fine

Again is that in writing, that X will background check anyone associated with your business that comes on their property. (That's your job)
By the way are you going to background check X and all their employees, after all they access your trucks.
Finally, have you ever conducted your own background checks on any of your own employees and told X, dont worry about doing a background on my employees, I got that covered.
Their called policies and procedures, for a business owner, however I see most of you guys still act, think, and look like employees.
My mechanic isn’t associated with my business. He runs his own and works on my trucks. There are decent arguments to make against Fedex. This isn’t one of those. It makes you look disgruntled and grasping at nonsense to make some silly point.

Exec32

My mechanic isn’t associated with my business. He runs his own and works on my trucks. There are decent arguments to make against Fedex. This isn’t one of those. It makes you look disgruntled and grasping at nonsense to make some silly point.

Still and always thinking like an employee. You been doing this to.long. A business plan is more than mygroundbiz,,,strategic planning involves policy and procedures. None of my current customers ever request background checks, and espeacially would not attempt to conduct background checks on me or my employees. And yes I access their buildings. I have my own policies and records. However, I guess when you have one boss, oops I mean customer, and that's all you know then I understand.
Last, you use their, building, their ID Cards, their software, their website, their logos, their bags, their door tags, their electricity, their scanners, their backgrounds, their hiring process, and hell must I go on...you guys will never get it.
I'm not disgruntled, just disgusted because you guys are willing participants to your own demise. And yes you guys live in nonsense. Last, the point is recognize what is going and exercise your INDEPENDENCE. But, you won't.

It will be fine

Still and always thinking like an employee. You been doing this to.long. A business plan is more than mygroundbiz,,,strategic planning involves policy and procedures. None of my current customers ever request background checks, and espeacially would not attempt to conduct background checks on me or my employees. And yes I access their buildings. I have my own policies and records. However, I guess when you have one boss, oops I mean customer, and that's all you know then I understand.
Last, you use their, building, their ID Cards, their software, their website, their logos, their bags, their door tags, their electricity, their scanners, their backgrounds, their hiring process, and hell must I go on...you guys will never get it.
I'm not disgruntled, just disgusted because you guys are willing participants to your own demise. And yes you guys live in nonsense. Last, the point is recognize what is going and exercise your INDEPENDENCE. But, you won't.
So when I work at the airport and they do a background check to grant me access that makes me the airport’s employee? Ok, whatever you say.:crazy2:

Exec32

So when I work at the airport and they do a background check to grant me access that makes me the airport’s employee? Ok, whatever you say.:crazy2:
Is the airport hiring you as a contractor? Or just giving you access.. Not the same thing, and you know it.
Let me prove my point, I noticed you didn't respond about doing your own background checks on Your OWN EMPLOYEES, you never have. Why, because you cant. And X wont accept it. I am an independent business owner, I do my own according to my policies. X DOES YOURS ACCORDING TO THEIR POLICIES. Get it. Probably ly not. I think your a fine individual, just dont claim to own your own business, or you can.