Bad Representation and B. A.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why are you.... trying to defend.... an untenable position ?

What position would that be? You need to be more clear when you communicate with others. I think I just backed you into a corner. I quoted the IBT website, and you believe the union is infallible, but you have already aligned yourself with a position in direct contradiction with the IBT. Quite the conundrum for you. How will you get out of it?

john chesney

Okay. So normally I always fight and win everything on my own against management. We have horrible, and I mean very horrible representation and protection from out Union Stewards and especially our BA in grievance hearings and even in management’s office. I’ve always known what to do and fight for myself and win all the time. I just ran into an issue last night. It seems as though I’m being set up to get fired. I don’t want to go into details strictly because I want everything to stay anonymous. My BA is being of no help, my stewards left me hanging when I needed them most. I’ve never been in a situation like I was put into last night. My question... can I contact other Ups Teamster locals and get advice from other actual caring and decent BA’s or is that not such a thing? For once I’m going to need help. And I can’t turn to my Local for it.
Call the small package division of the teamsters in Washington. They will call your BA and talk to him

22.34life

Let me give the OP some advice from the real world,if ur one of these members that go around bashing the BA to anybody and everybody including the company,stop.look ur ba may not be any good but he is the best resource u have available to u.as far as the steward goes know ur contract the best u can u can use a witness and represent yourself.lot of worthless stewards out there no doubt.just remember ur ba will be the one handling ur cases.