Bad Speaking week for Mike Huckabee!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well, Mike Huckabees attempts to remain in the public eye came to haunt him this week as he blundered on several speaking occassions. First, he goes on a conservative talk radio show on monday and blasts the usual Obama rants but throws in a kicker.

He claims that Obama was born and raised in Kenya as a child and the influence of his father and grandfather turned him against Britain and western ways because his grandfather was tortured by the british during the mao mao rebellion. Now, despite the fact that this was a complete lie and Obama never visited Kenya until his 20's, Huckabee continued with his claims until he was corrected after the live on air show.

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201103020001

He then posts a correction on his blog explaining himself as simply "i mis-spoke".

Then he returns to another conservative radio show and claims that Obama grew up in madrassas.
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201103030001

He then runs to Bill Orielly to try and save himself further embarrassment, but actually does it again with a more egregious claim and Bill Orielly jumps in the water with a claim that President Obamas mother was a "wacko".
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201103020051

Its amazing the level of distortions and lies republican candidates are willing to tell to keep their potential followers in check. The technique is called the "dog whistle".

The intended listener can only hear the "dog whistle" and they come running, just as a dog would respond but the other animals on the planet would ignore.

Mike Huckabee furthers his rantings on conservative radio on friday by going on Michael Medvids show and attacking not only Natalie Portman but the majority of single mothers as well.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/201103030034

He said quote: "Most single moms are very poor, uneducated, can't get a job, and if it weren't for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death and never have health care. And that's the story that we're not seeing, and it's unfortunate that we glorify and glamorize the idea of out of children wedlock.
You know, right now, 75 percent of black kids in this country are born out of wedlock. 61 percent of Hispanic kids -- across the board, 41 percent of all live births in America are out of wedlock births. And the cost of that is simply staggering. "

He said MOST single mothers, which was used in a "pejorative" sense and also in a "majorative" sense. Where does he get his facts?

Why did he only mention children of ethnic backgrounds? Where were his facts on White single mothers? or white children born out of wedlock?

In todays political arena, it seems that the right wings plan is to say whatever they make up in order to bring the voters in line, even if it means demeaning the presidents childhood, the presidents mother, the presidents religion and single mothers of ethnic backgrounds across this country.

I for one, dont hear the Dog Whistle.

Peace.

bbsam

Staff member
Now, Other. With as much crap as is floating around about Obama, how's a potential presidential candidate supposed to know what is true and not true? Of course he could think about what he and his party brings to the table to make America better, but that wouldn't have many talking points. How many ways can you say "Lower taxes, cut spending."?

moreluck

golden ticket member
He did, in fact attend a Madrasah......

Here are the facts: Obama moved from Hawaii to Indonesia when he was six and attended a Madrasah (?????) in Jakarta until he was ten. The curriculum was generally secular according to 60 Minutes. His biological father (a Kenyan national) was a Muslim, but was a confirmed atheist and his stepfather (an Indonesian national) was also Muslim, but according to Obama he was "a man who saw religion as not particularly useful."

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You know BB, I am no Orielly fan, but I have to give him some credit. He had Sarah Palin on his show and he tried to "nail her down" on a specific issue, and no matter how many times he tried to focus her on a specific answer, all she could muster was talking points. It frustrated her to a point where she tried to shut down Orielly by saying he was interupting her and she couldnt make her point.

However, Orielly knew she was just talking crap (aka talking points) and wouldnt be specific even though he was breaking it down for her to answer.

Its unfortunate that todays republican party has reduced itself to talking points and cannot spell out a single specific idea when asked.

Here's the Orielly Palin exchange, see for yourself how "talking points" is all Palin has to offer. See how she dances around the questions and tries to return to the outlined talking points without saying anything.

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201103040050

I talk to people all day on the route, and they are trapped in the same rut, talking points. If you correct them, or ask them to be specific, they always turn to the same response "youre a liberal", "youre a leftist", "you probably watch msnbc"......

That suffices for a lack of answers.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
He did, in fact attend a Madrasah......

Here are the facts: Obama moved from Hawaii to Indonesia when he was six and attended a Madrasah (?????) in Jakarta until he was ten. The curriculum was generally secular according to 60 Minutes. His biological father (a Kenyan national) was a Muslim, but was a confirmed atheist and his stepfather (an Indonesian national) was also Muslim, but according to Obama he was "a man who saw religion as not particularly useful."

Moreluck,

again, a stretch of the truth never hurts anyone eh? Here is an except from Obamas book:
""As a child, Obama spent four years in Indonesia with his step-father, a non-practicing Muslim, and his mother. Between ages 6 and 8, Obama attended a local Muslim school in Jakarta; after that, he was enrolled in a Roman Catholic school. In his book Dreams Of My Father (p.142), Obama writes:
In Indonesia, I’d spent 2 years at a Muslim school, 2 years at a Catholic school. In the Muslim school, the teacher wrote to tell mother I made faces during Koranic studies. In the Catholic school, when it came time to pray, I’d pretend to close my eyes, then peek around the room. Nothing happened. No angels descended.
In his more recent book, The Audacity of Hope, Obama writes (p.274), “Without the money to go to the international school that most expatriate children attended, I went to local Indonesian schools and ran the streets with the children of farmers, servants, tailors, and clerks.”

He met his father once, and how you can associate any of his fathers beliefs on him is astounding.

Either way, what does this have to do with anything?

He grew up in hawaii went to the finest schools in our country, became a politician and then became president.

What is there left to discuss?

Peace.

wkmac

You mean he's had a good week before?

I don't believe you!

Bill Orielly jumps in the water with a claim that President Obamas mother was a "wacko".

DAMN IT! I knew that leprechaun was coming here and lifting soundbites for his own use and now we have the evidence!
:winks:

wkmac

Now, Other. With as much crap as is floating around about Obama, how's a potential presidential candidate supposed to know what is true and not true? Of course he could think about what he and his party brings to the table to make America better, but that wouldn't have many talking points. How many ways can you say "Lower taxes, cut spending."?

Well it appears the brillant Romney has it all figured out with his latest epiphany!

OK, all due respect to you Obama fans here and all, but gee what friend'ing maroon comes up with these headlines like it's something new and earthshaking. Now if Romney said, "Obama is best President Ever!" OK, I understand how that is news of some magnitude but telling me that one sock puppet sez we need to remove the current sock puppet is like telling me a baby might need a diaper change.

Well friend'ing DUH!

As for Huckabee's foot-n-mouth disease, he's going after Natalie Portman now. Good news is being she's jewish, the democrat mymidons can now launch the ever trustworthy anti-semetic angle and poor ole' judeo-christian preacher boy can twist in the wind only to kneel at the feet of Israel and promise them more booty from our now tapped out taxpayers!

Bend over folks cause we're screwed no matter who wins the day! Just come watch the violence inherit in the system. Might as well laugh at our true condition.

I had no idea the electoral college was called lady of the lake!
:happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
O.M.I. Obama Misery Index I like it! Would it be pronounced O my or O me ?? :happy-very:

Would the index be like a 1 to 10 or 100 ?

bbsam

Staff member
You know BB, I am no Orielly fan, but I have to give him some credit. He had Sarah Palin on his show and he tried to "nail her down" on a specific issue, and no matter how many times he tried to focus her on a specific answer, all she could muster was talking points. It frustrated her to a point where she tried to shut down Orielly by saying he was interupting her and she couldnt make her point.

However, Orielly knew she was just talking crap (aka talking points) and wouldnt be specific even though he was breaking it down for her to answer.

Its unfortunate that todays republican party has reduced itself to talking points and cannot spell out a single specific idea when asked.

Here's the Orielly Palin exchange, see for yourself how "talking points" is all Palin has to offer. See how she dances around the questions and tries to return to the outlined talking points without saying anything.

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201103040050

I talk to people all day on the route, and they are trapped in the same rut, talking points. If you correct them, or ask them to be specific, they always turn to the same response "youre a liberal", "youre a leftist", "you probably watch msnbc"......

That suffices for a lack of answers.

Peace.

I saw the same thing happen with the newest right wing governor hottie (from NC I think?). Gretta was trying to nail her down on the Wisconsin debacle and whenever the topic moved to the fact that the union had given all the fiscal concessions and that the issue was collective bargaining, the governor would go straight back to the top of the talking points page and discuss the fiscal mess that states were in. Couldn't be moved off script. Maybe republicans don't like telepromters, but they are lost without their talking points.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Try not to pick on Palin until if and when she's a candidate.........otherwise, it's a waste of time. The only candidate so far is Obama.....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont think Palin will run, I hope Obama doesnt. Although Palin would be better by far, with all her non experience, lol, she has more in her hairdo than he has in his body.
it is going to take a special breed to get us out of this turmoil we are in.
I would say an outsider has the best chance to do this. I Like Herman Kain. Its the only one I have seen that could be a chance. Mcain, Clinton, Huckabee, any of those insiders, cannot do what we need. We need someone to come in and say, "what the heck is going on here" and clean house. I think only an outsider could do that.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Back on topic, Mike Huckabees attempts to be a formatible opponent to Obama in 2012 continue to spiral downward everytime he opens his mouth. Sarah Palin will only open her mouth on Fox news where they can control the questions and the answers to satisfy their listening audience.

Mike not only has his "willie horton" moment to contend with, now he has to answer to all the single mothers in this country who are capable of taking care of their children without goverment assistance.

Sarah Palin on the other hand, has to deal with her own troubles as a former aide has written a tell all book about her misgivings as a governor.

Palin as a candidate has as much of a chance being the 2012 candidate as does Donald Trump.

On another note, Chris Christy in the latest polls show he would lose to Obama by 18+ points if he was to run against him.

Peace.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I dont think Palin will run, I hope Obama doesnt. Although Palin would be better by far, with all her non experience, lol, she has more in her hairdo than he has in his body.
it is going to take a special breed to get us out of this turmoil we are in.
I would say an outsider has the best chance to do this. I Like Herman Kain. Its the only one I have seen that could be a chance. Mcain, Clinton, Huckabee, any of those insiders, cannot do what we need. We need someone to come in and say, "what the heck is going on here" and clean house. I think only an outsider could do that.

Someone like.....Gov. Scott Walker?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Back on topic, Mike Huckabees attempts to be a formatible opponent to Obama in 2012 continue to spiral downward everytime he opens his mouth. Sarah Palin will only open her mouth on Fox news where they can control the questions and the answers to satisfy their listening audience.

Mike not only has his "willie horton" moment to contend with, now he has to answer to all the single mothers in this country who are capable of taking care of their children without goverment assistance.

Sarah Palin on the other hand, has to deal with her own troubles as a former aide has written a tell all book about her misgivings as a governor.

Palin as a candidate has as much of a chance being the 2012 candidate as does Donald Trump.

On another note, Chris Christy in the latest polls show he would lose to Obama by 18+ points if he was to run against him.

Peace.

Someone like.....Gov. Scott Walker?

You mean the guy who is going to be removed from office in about a year when he's eligible for recall?

That's the one. I just threw his name out there to see what kind of reactions I would get. Tooner said we need an outsider who will clean house--he would certainly do that.

Richard Cain