Balancing ups and working out

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I usually do workout at home. Think about starting the steroids cycle.
tenor.gif

22.4 driver

There's not enough time for much. I do all my lifting on the weekend, unless I get off before like 8 which is RARE. If I have enough time, I'll do a HIIT run (must-do at least once a week, you lose cardio ability much faster than muscle). Yoga every day I work. I'm thinking of doing Tabatas when I really have no time and want to lift, but haven't done it yet.
Honestly, I hate this part about the job. Before this, I spent 2-3 hours in the gym 5-6 days a week, and ran, biked, or swam everyday for several years. Now I can't eat enough calories and I'm getting skinny as :censored2: and my posture is suffering. Thought about personal training, but pretty glad I didn't go that route now!

To be fa
I usually do workout at home. Think about starting the steroids cycle.
that’s a personal choice !

22.4 driver

Correct.

Incorrect. Abs are the grey area of the body. Not completely legs, not completely core, and definitely not upper body.

Those exercises you mentioned are perfect leg day exercises and will minimally hit the lower abdominal area.

For complete abs I do sit ups and flutter kicks while wearing a vest that weighs at least the equivalent of second gen RBA.
I said sit ups are useless because as drivers we are always in a kyphosis posture therefore we don’t need to train the rectus abdomnis in such fasion since we always slouching while driving it can cause imbalances . I believe using the abs in a stability manner ( flutter kicks , hollow body old , planks , ab wheel etc ,) or Crunching from bottom (knees raises or leg raises ) is the most optimal but you are correct that deadlift and squats aren’t all you need since those muscles hit the transverse abdomnis (deep abdominal layer / main core muscle) not really the rectus abdomnis since there is no flexion being performed. Pull ups and push ups hit the rectus abdomnis though .

22.4 driver

Some pullups and dips on the shelves of the truck. Every Sunday I lift (I have a full home gym). Barbell squats, bench press, deadlifts, bent over rows, etc. Believe it or not a good weight lifting program just once or twice a week will keep you in this job longer by balancing out the imbalances of the job, strengthening joints and connective tissue, enabling better sleep, boosting testosterone, and more.

The job is catabolic so you need to make sure you challenge the muscle fibers to maintain or grow, or you will lose it. When you lose muscle, you lose the hormones that go along with it, you will age faster, you will injure yourself sooner.

You’re able to deadlift ?! I want to deadlift again but they really hard to recover from . I do banded good mornings right now for my posterior chain since gyms are closed here but when I go back I think I’m gonna do glute Bridges . But good :censored2: on your exercise selection pull ups , dips , bench, squats , deadlifts, overhead press and rows are def the best exercise on can do .

22.4 driver

There's not enough time for much. I do all my lifting on the weekend, unless I get off before like 8 which is RARE. If I have enough time, I'll do a HIIT run (must-do at least once a week, you lose cardio ability much faster than muscle). Yoga every day I work. I'm thinking of doing Tabatas when I really have no time and want to lift, but haven't done it yet.
Honestly, I hate this part about the job. Before this, I spent 2-3 hours in the gym 5-6 days a week, and ran, biked, or swam everyday for several years. Now I can't eat enough calories and I'm getting skinny as :censored2: and my posture is suffering. Thought about personal training, but pretty glad I didn't go that route now!

Bro the calorie part is :censored2:ing killing me too I’m becoming a Skeleton

Poop Head

Judge me.
I said sit ups are useless because as drivers we are always in a kyphosis posture therefore we don’t need to train the rectus abdomnis in such fasion since we always slouching while driving it can cause imbalances . I believe using the abs in a stability manner ( flutter kicks , hollow body old , planks , ab wheel etc ,) or Crunching from bottom (knees raises or leg raises ) is the most optimal but you are correct that deadlift and squats aren’t all you need since those muscles hit the transverse abdomnis (deep abdominal layer / main core muscle) not really the rectus abdomnis since there is no flexion being performed. Pull ups and push ups hit the rectus abdomnis though .
You study kinesiology or something?

ouanling

You study kinesiology or something?

it's basic knowledge that anyone who has worked out for a few months should know

crunches are worthless :censored2: for anyone but fighters. For everyone else they do more harm than good.

I have a 6 pack year round and i've never trained abs other than stability, which is the only thing you should train as abs are for keeping your spine safe, not bending it and :censored2:ing you up.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How do you folks manage to balance out working st ups and working out (ifyou do exercise)? How many hours do you work at ups? Do you workout in Morning or evening ? How many days a week do you workout ? How many calories do you eat a day ? What kind of exercise do you do (cardio , barbell lifts , calisthenics , etc.) ?! Sorry for all questions I just love working out but always exhausted from work
In the morning is the only way to consistently do it

Dumbo

You’re able to deadlift ?! I want to deadlift again but they really hard to recover from . I do banded good mornings right now for my posterior chain since gyms are closed here but when I go back I think I’m gonna do glute Bridges . But good :censored2: on your exercise selection pull ups , dips , bench, squats , deadlifts, overhead press and rows are def the best exercise on can do .

Yep I still deadlift at 41. I don't go as heavy as I used to though. I used to do 400lbs for 5 reps now I do 225 for 10 reps.

Dumbo

Thought about it but than figured school be waste of money so did lots of homework

I studied it. Started a successful gym with 75 or so monthly memberships on a auto pay basis as well as focused nutrition and specialty programs such as fit fathers groups. Sold for a :censored2: ton of money when I got tired of running the business side of things. Sold to one of my trainers who made it even more successful and was just voted best gym in the suburb where it's located.

My most popular program was my fit fathers groups where I legit got a ton of dads in awesome shape. I had waiting lists for it because I capped each group at 15 people.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have to agree. You cannot spot reduce fat. So to get abs you either need to be a skinny twig, or you need to lift some barbells to build those abs. Deadlifts and barbell squats will build abs 10x faster than situps.

Think of building your biceps. Would you curl a soup can for 10000 times or would you do some heavy dumbbell curls for 8-10 reps? I'll take the dumbbells. Same goes for abs.
Barbell row and numerous other back exercises are actually far better for building biceps mass.

Dumbo

Barbell row and numerous other back exercises are actually far better for building biceps mass.

Agree. Maybe it was a poor example but was trying to illustrate that you can work muscles like the abs more effectively by doing multi joint exercises like deadlifts and squats.

Indecisi0n

How do you folks manage to balance out working st ups and working out (ifyou do exercise)? How many hours do you work at ups? Do you workout in Morning or evening ? How many days a week do you workout ? How many calories do you eat a day ? What kind of exercise do you do (cardio , barbell lifts , calisthenics , etc.) ?! Sorry for all questions I just love working out but always exhausted from work
These old guys get a workout just trying to get out of bed.

You need to workout before work. I don't care if it's 4-5am. Trying to workout after work and give 100% was damn near impossible.