Balancing ups and working out

reginald95

same here i used to do 3hrs a day and now 30-40m is way enough to get some muscles and keep your posture strong. You just gotta educate yourself on good exercises with good form instead of doing the regular gym stuff. Get a physiotherapist, learn how your body works. I have tons of anatomical problems and i still keep a perfect posture after driving 10hours a day with a scoliosis and a bunch of other :censored2:.

If you dont have time to learn that, just pick 4-5 exercises from athlean x for each area and follow form to the dot. Do wall angels everyday.

athlean x uses fake weights.

Returntosender

This thread just adrenaline boosted me...

tenor.gif
This thread just adrenaline boosted me...

tenor.gif
2E277350-FE20-476A-A303-BADB38D3BF23.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Agree. Maybe it was a poor example but was trying to illustrate that you can work muscles like the abs more effectively by doing multi joint exercises like deadlifts and squats.
Totally. It’s a big reason I never deadlift with a tight belt. The whole point is to strengthen those muscles.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Yea and Athlean x promotes bro science as real science . He also doesn’t know how to perform any compound lift with a barbell correctly . His form is dog :censored2: . He’s only so popular since he’s shredded , has credential and promotes gimmicks
Like anything....

You have to take with a grain of salt.

I've watched him for many years.

But again, I retain all information. Never know when a dumb @#* might drop a clever turd.

22.4 driver

Like anything....

You have to take with a grain of salt.

I've watched him for many years.

But again, I retain all information. Never know when a dumb @#* might drop a clever turd.

He’s not worst in youtube he’s actually way better than most of the clowns on their. He also popularized the fAce pull which arguably greatest shoulder prehab of all time . He’s not bad but not nearly as good as people think .

22.4 driver

I studied it. Started a successful gym with 75 or so monthly memberships on a auto pay basis as well as focused nutrition and specialty programs such as fit fathers groups. Sold for a :censored2: ton of money when I got tired of running the business side of things. Sold to one of my trainers who made it even more successful and was just voted best gym in the suburb where it's located.

My most popular program was my fit fathers groups where I legit got a ton of dads in awesome shape. I had waiting lists for it because I capped each group at 15 people.

That’s awesome what brought you here ?!

Dumbo

That’s awesome what brought you here ?!

I started it as a side hobby to my full time job. It grew beyond what I could handle along with my full time job and I also needed health insurance which neither provided, so the UPS driver at my full time job told me about the benefits and so I sold my gym and started UPS.

I still collect 5% royalties which has been a great passive income. I designed the logo, launched an awesome website, went to the local papers before I even had my first class. Then I learned SEO and made it so I came up in the top few Google results when people searched boot camp, yoga, kettle bells, etc

First couple classes were in a subletted event hall, then a year later I opened my own location in a strip mall and had a staff of 8 trainers.

Last edited:

ouanling

1) I’m not trying to deadlift 700 lbs.

2) I do wear a belt. I just don’t tighten it as much as I can. Leave a little room for my mid section to expand and use those muscles.

yeah belts are really bad for regular weight and dead lifting very heavy is very bad unless your genetics are amazing.

Most gym bros get insane amount of issues after 5-10-15-20years depending on their strength level, even with good form.

I've learned my lesson, i moved mostly to functional/mobility/postural stuff while keeping a bit of bb'ing in the mix. Stuff that keeps me strong in everyday movement and that keeps me looking good. Yeah going really heavy was fun as :censored2: but it's way too dangerous unless you've got troll or viking genes.

Spent a year diving into physiotherapy, anatomy and consulting with a professional physiotherapist for about 5-6hrs a day, gym goes know so little its crazy. Changed my whole perspective.

watdaflock?

Just got back from my longer Sunday run. Have to go early in this heat. Also try to get a couple short runs in throughout the workweek later in the afternoon. Also randomly use dumb bells while sitting down at my computer.