Balancing ups and working out

GenericUsername

Man, I don't have time to work out in the traditional sense. I'm up every day at 6 but I guess I could get up earlier and hit a gym if I really wanted to. I'm not a morning person. But between work and whatever I do at home (mowing the yard, jogging next to the kid while she's on her bike or scooter, taking a walk), I get about 13 miles a day in...which is a half a marathon. Picking up weights and putting them down hasn't ever really been my thing.

22.4 driver

Bro as a 22.4 you don’t have time for anything besides UPS working those 12 hour days Monday-Saturday.

I don’t work Monday’s except every once in a while cause I get paid 1.5 for whole day and than will only have four hour day Saturday .
I could workout on weekends and two days in morning before work . Upper lower split . Just need some motivation and to take deloads quite often .

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I just need some motivation
a9d5aff854b59ca2bc93997dae7f2845.jpg

PizzaToUps

I don’t work Monday’s except every once in a while cause I get paid 1.5 for whole day and than will only have four hour day Saturday .
I could workout on weekends and two days in morning before work . Upper lower split . Just need some motivation and to take deloads quite often .
You should get double time for working Monday if you are Tuesday-Saturday. Monday serves as your Sunday.

22.4 driver

You should get double time for working Monday if you are Tuesday-Saturday. Monday serves as your Sunday.

No , just like how an ROCD gets time and a half for working saturdays I get time and a half for working Monday’s . When Sunday’s come we all will get double time if we work it and it’s not our schedules work day .

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
We have a shredded young driver in his 30s who does tons of weight training/conditioning in the morning before work and on weekends. He's currently out for a month with a herniated disc in his back.

"Elite powerlifters that worked real jobs tended to be in blue collar jobs, physically demanding and often grueling day jobs. A lot of guys would work their asses off during the week at the construction site or on a assembly line and have no gas after work to wrestle with 700-pound deadlifts. With no time or energy to train during the week, these men would eat up and rest up on Saturday and rested and revitalized, kick ass in a Sunday power session with other alpha training partners in the same lack-of-time-and-energy boat."

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
How do you folks manage to balance out working st ups and working out (ifyou do exercise)? How many hours do you work at ups? Do you workout in Morning or evening ? How many days a week do you workout ? How many calories do you eat a day ? What kind of exercise do you do (cardio , barbell lifts , calisthenics , etc.) ?! Sorry for all questions I just love working out but always exhausted from work
Push ups
Sit ups
Exercise bike
All done at home
Takes about 20 in the morning and 20 at night
The job in package is a workout by itself

Dumbo

Some pullups and dips on the shelves of the truck. Every Sunday I lift (I have a full home gym). Barbell squats, bench press, deadlifts, bent over rows, etc. Believe it or not a good weight lifting program just once or twice a week will keep you in this job longer by balancing out the imbalances of the job, strengthening joints and connective tissue, enabling better sleep, boosting testosterone, and more.

The job is catabolic so you need to make sure you challenge the muscle fibers to maintain or grow, or you will lose it. When you lose muscle, you lose the hormones that go along with it, you will age faster, you will injure yourself sooner.