Barack Hussien Obama...The Audacity

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Mr.Fedex....That's why the show is Hannity & Combs. There's the balance. Hannity thinks like Rep. and Combs thinks like Dem.

While I admit that the Hannity TV (not the radio) show is balanced. I was referring to FOX News tagline..."fair and balanced". Most of the time, it's pretty far to the right. Even though I'm not a conservative, I enjoy their viewpoints,and even listen to Rush every once in awhile.

Youi've got to admit that the fact that Obama is black plays to some deep-seated racist fears in this country. I think the Republicans will capitalize on that fear in some not so subtle ways.

over9five

Staff member
Youi've got to admit that the fact that Obama is black plays to some deep-seated racist fears in this country. I think the Republicans will capitalize on that fear in some not so subtle ways.

Kinda like Hillary did when she brought up "hard working white working people" ?

wkmac

I know a lot will say Im throwing my vote away, but Im not sure how that is. Because I would vote for Ralph Nader instead of the Democrat; or Bob Barr instead of the Republican? I thought we should vote who we think would be best as president. I have no allegiance to D or R, so I will vote for who the best choice on the ballot. This is why I dont understand voting for Obama. He has never been a true leader in anything, nor has he demonstrated anything deserving of the presidency (other than "change" or "he's not Bush"). So my earlier questions about him still stands and no one ever has any answers.

Ah, someone who is starting to get it and using the head God gave them! You're not alone Tourist.

Vote your priniciples and for what you believe, not just for what they throw out in the hopes you'll give up and vote in their game. Cast not your pearls before swine!

Using the principles Jesus taught us and in how we should conduct ourselves in daily life, what do you think he would do if in our position? I doubt it'd be republican or democrat!
:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

Keep the faith man!

BTW: Did you make the concert we talked about?

diesel96

I know a lot will say Im throwing my vote away.
So far, no one has accused you of that, why so defensive?

So my earlier questions about him still stands and no one ever has any answers.

This question has been ask in many forms, and has been answered in many forms as well. Maybe you just don't agree with the answers/opinions unless it agrees with your philosphy.
Too many, it's not so much of what a canidate has done or how much experience one has as much as what side of the fence the canidate stands on the issues and policy making that fit your own idealogy. So continuing imperialism, spending 10 billion a month indefinetly, gearing toward reducing our multi-trillion dollar debt, rollback tax cuts for the rich, ending corperate welfare, solving the housing crisis, affordable healthcare options for all, and most importantly investing in America's infrastructure and putting good jobs back into the economy is a safe bet Barack will persue and McCain will not. Therefore, my support falls more in line with Barack's ....that's a no brainer

Wise observation Mr Fed Ex.......unfortunately reagon/clinton democrats as well

Kinda like Hillary did when she brought up "hard working white working people" ?

Kinda like the white appalachian mountain "hard working white people". Why these people would vote against a canidate who supports their needs best simply because he's black IMO is very ignorant and cements the argument that there is still a "deep seated racist fear in this country".

Or Like when Obama said his Grandmother was scared of blacks, Like a typical white person?

I know his skin color is mocha, and many of you forget, but he's still half-white....he can get away with that statement.
Now if he walked into a bar in the appalchian mountains and yelled "Hey, where the white women at?" I doubt he'd walk out of there unscathed.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
"I know his skin color is mocha, and many of you forget, but he's still half-white....he can get away with that statement.
Now if he walked into a bar in the appalchian mountains and yelled "Hey, where the white women at?" I doubt he'd walk out of there unscathed."

Which brings me to another point that really irkles me. ...And you made it for me. Why should he be saying that he is running to be the first black president, when it should be the first bi-racial president. I feel he should have left this plateau to a true Black candidate. I feel he is stealing this title from them. For votes.

browndevil

"I know his skin color is mocha, and many of you forget, but he's still half-white....he can get away with that statement.
Now if he walked into a bar in the appalchian mountains and yelled "Hey, where the white women at?" I doubt he'd walk out of there unscathed."

Which brings me to another point that really irkles me. ...And you made it for me. Why should he be saying that he is running to be the first black president, when it should be the first bi-racial president. I feel he should have left this plateau to a true Black candidate. I feel he is stealing this title from them. For votes.

tourists24

So far, no one has accused you of that, why so defensive?
maybe not on here, but that is the number one complaint of not voting D or R that comes up.

This question has been ask in many forms, and has been answered in many forms as well. Maybe you just don't agree with the answers/opinions unless it agrees with your philosphy.
Is exactly what you are doing by blindly thinking that putting blind faith in Obama will be better for the country.

So continuing imperialism, spending 10 billion a month indefinetly, gearing toward reducing our multi-trillion dollar debt, rollback tax cuts for the rich, ending corperate welfare, solving the housing crisis, affordable healthcare options for all, and most importantly investing in America's infrastructure and putting good jobs back into the economy is a safe bet Barack will persue and McCain will not.
And all of this is based on nothing but Obama is a democrat and nothing else.

Therefore, my support falls more in line with Barack's ....that's a no brainer
We totally agree here.... that is a NO BRAINER

Why these people would vote against a canidate who supports their needs best simply because he's black IMO is very ignorant and cements the argument that there is still a "deep seated racist fear in this country".
based solely on the fact that we wont vote for your canidate; not on any proof that it is racist. Oh that's right, he's black and some people wont vote for him... I stand corrected, that is totally racist

I guess you do buy into his "hope" because that's all you have with Obama. He's never shown any actual leadership so you're putting all your hopes that the Democrat Party will "fix" this country....

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I don't think there are a whole lot of compelling policy differences between McCain and Obama, now that the administration is apparently signing on to a withdrawal timeline that approximates what Obama has been talking about all along. I really think it helps McCain more, because Obama loses one of his key rally points and McCain no longer has to hear about that "100 years" statement he made.

If you just want one issue, you could focus on the type of justice each would appoint to the SC. Obama would likely appoint a judge who was safely pro-choice, McCain is much more likely to appoint a judge who would roll back Roe vs. Wade.

For a lot of people on both sides who don't like their candidate and would be tempted to stay home or vote 3rd party, pro-life/pro-choice might be the issue that keeps them in line.

diesel96

I guess you do buy into his "hope" because that's all you have with Obama. He's never shown any actual leadership so you're putting all your hopes that the Democrat Party will "fix" this country....

Beating out a Clinton in a campaign shows actual leadership.......something republicans haven't been able to do:whiteflag:

As far as "hope", you bet the farm I buy into hope....hope Mccain doesn't get elected and continues 4 more years of Bush III:sick:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched Michelle Obama's speech. I was impressed by how pretty she looked, but was not that impressed by her speech. I kept watching her hair move & sway and wondering what kind of relaxer she uses.

I expected more insights into the man she's been married to for almost 20 years.

I do have to say that her oldest daughter is absolutely beautiful! She could be a model.

Ted Kennedy should have stayed in Hyannisport !! Saw Maria in the audience.....where was Arnold?? (LOL)

We'll have to wait and see if there is any bump in the polls tomorrow. I doubt it.

Still waiting to see if the Clintons are going to take over things. Now that would make for some excitement !!
Pretty dull as conventions go.

diesel96

I watched Michelle Obama's speech. I was impressed by how pretty she looked, but was not that impressed by her speech. I kept watching her hair move & sway and wondering what kind of relaxer she uses.

what website is this from ?...TMZ.....Perez Hilton

I expected more insights into the man she's been married to for almost 20 years.

I thought all you needed to know was Barack was sitting in the trinity church pew 24/7 for the last twenty years.

I do have to say that her oldest daughter is absolutely beautiful! She could be a model.

Does this have anything to do with chosing the next president of the US?

Ted Kennedy should have stayed in Hyannisport !!

Even Kennedy's republican peers gave thumbs up to Ted's possible last public appearances.

Saw Maria in the audience.....where was Arnold?? (LOL)

Maria is a democrat, she's independent minded, she doesn't have to be sub-serviant to her republican husband, nor does she have to stay home and be barefoot and pregrant.

We'll have to wait and see if there is any bump in the polls tomorrow. I doubt it.

Don't take to much stock in polls, everyone is citing polls, but keep in mind poll takers don't call cell phones and call only at certain times of the day. Landlines are becoming more and more obsolete, so are the polls.

Still waiting to see if the Clintons are going to take over things. Now that would make for some excitement !!

Unfortunatly, the Clintons have already expressed a need for unity during the DNC....that message was approved by Hillary Clinton, unlike those lame commercials McClain is using to desperately go after Hillary backers.

Pretty dull as conventions go.

Agree...dull alright...compared to Bush and Cheney making appearances or speeches for McCain :wheelchai at the RNC....lol...I can just picture, everybody cringing as the facilitaters of the last eight years of impeachable leadership encourage John to "stay the course".....:rofl:

moreluck

golden ticket member
D,
You can tear my comments apart, but I was just saying MY thoughts as I was watching this.

MY thoughts (sometimes) as I stare at someone with feigned interest are..."Yada Yada Yada , are you going to keep blabbering on?" AND I can do it with a straight face. Maybe I should run for office?:smart:

With your thinking, why even have Michelle talk at all.....she's not the candidate. Well, my friend, (lol) She is under the microscope and will be praised & criticized just like Cindy McCain.

The kids being on stage and talking to their dad on that huge moniter was worth a million bucks for their dad. Voters notice that warm, fuzzy stuff.

Like I said somewhere else, it's the most exciting election process I've ever witnessed and it'll keep getting better as Nov. gets closer.

over9five

Staff member
I heard Mrs Obamas speach too. I'm sure that must have been the second time she's been proud of her country....

It started getting deep when she said she gave up that law career to go into public service to "give something back". She made almost $300,000 in her "public service" job for some hospital.

diesel96

D,
You can tear my comments apart, but I was just saying MY thoughts as I was watching this.

My bad...It was so well written, I thought it was another one of your "cut n paste" jobs...:wink2:.

MY thoughts (sometimes) as I stare at someone with feigned interest are..."Yada Yada Yada , are you going to keep blabbering on?" AND I can do it with a straight face. Maybe I should run for office?:smart:

Me thinks your mind is already made up about Michelle a long time ago.....but you'll make a fine politician if you "flip flop" your ill feelings towards her....:smart:

With your thinking, why even have Michelle talk at all.....she's not the candidate.

My thinking?...Aren't the evengelicals the ones who quote/interpet passages from the bible for women to be sub-serviant to their husbands? By reading your signature quote:devil:, you certaintly don't fall in line with that catergory...lol

brett636

Me thinks your mind is already made up about Michelle a long time ago.....but you'll make a fine politician if you "flip flop" your ill feelings towards her....:smart:

Its good to see you finally figured out how to use the quote function. :)

As far as Michelle Obama goes its not hard to dislike her. Its comments like these below is the reason why Michelle Obama gets a negative reaction from most normal Americans.
Michelle Obama "Proud" vs "Really Proud"