Bargaining for A/C in Package Cars

imjanedoe

banned slut
blank if it's wine/phones/documents first attempt. Which is like %90 of all signature required items.
You’re on the clock. Ppl hesitate to sign something if they don’t know what it is. The older folks are more paranoid haha. U can also peel off the PAL and save some handwriting

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I have wondered about this before. I can't figure out where it is now... but isn't this a breach of DOT regulations. You are supposed to take a 30 minute lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour around here. I have wondered how thorough OSHA combs through records during an audit... it would be obvious if someone stopped outside that window or if they kept delivering/driving while they had a lunch in. You can't deliver now while on lunch like before but you could hide a lunch while driving. *cough* falsification of records *cough cough*
Here the legal requirement of lunches are in limbo as an item the state has marked as subject to collective bargaining agreements. When the lunch charade first took hold the union here however quickly agreed they be enforced. That there is no language describing it as required or not means it is entirely up to interpretation, everyone's favorite contract hack.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
You’re on the clock. Ppl hesitate to sign something if they don’t know what it is. The older folks are more paranoid haha. U can also peel off the PAL and save some handwriting
I'm in the city and on this very divisive old school hood/rapid gentrification line. If they did not order it, I'd rather they know as little as possible, hell the infonotice is usually stuck to a post facing away from the street. I only write for access points, medication, odd items, apartments, access or time delay issues.

Trust me, I make up for the time playing a game of "are they home, are there any delivery instructions, where do they normally enter their house, and how the hell do I hide the package in that area"

FozziesDeliveries

...U can put any time of the day at the end. We can still view manifest on lunch and probably del from that and mark them later. I don’t think it beeps anymore if you’re far away from a stop....
Opps you are correct. My center only recently got the Diad 6 a few weeks ago so still learning the changes. I think its funny they rolled back on ending your lunch, recently you HAD to hit the time button you couldn't enter an end time. They must of got tired of fixing everyones time cards that kept screwing up their lunches.

I like to put on the dr notice who that package is for and that's it. SO when times when people are around they are like "who is it for? Where is it from? I didn't order anything..... oh yeah i know what it is" 😤😤😤 so i like to put who its for on the notice so hopefully they will be there the next day and i can avoid a pointless conversation.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Opps you are correct. My center only recently got the Diad 6 a few weeks ago so still learning the changes. I think its funny they rolled back on ending your lunch, recently you HAD to hit the time button you couldn't enter an end time. They must of got tired of fixing everyones time cards that kept screwing up their lunches.

I like to put on the dr notice who that package is for and that's it. SO when times when people are around they are like "who is it for? Where is it from? I didn't order anything..... oh yeah i know what it is" 😤😤😤 so i like to put who its for on the notice so hopefully they will be there the next day and i can avoid a pointless conversation.
I hated answering questions from those people.

BrownSnowFlake

I never write first names on an InfoNotice bc if that’s a woman who happens to live alone she probably doesn’t want it advertised to the whole world.

You’re paid by the hour, take the time to do your job correctly.

BrownSnowFlake

Lol…you make it sound as if this a highly skilled position. If you can fog up a mirror, you’re hired. It IS accessible to anyone with a pulse already..half the current drivers couldn’t make it as a driver in the previous era.

Deduction for the racist remark- makes it sound like you are scared of competition.
Hope your wife’s boyfriend gives you extra time with the Switch tonight.

Go back to Preddit.

MassWineGuy

Believe me, I’d gladly trade ac for your pay. But UPS treats you folks a lot worse than FedEx treats us. I don’t want to dread going to work every day.

Thebrownblob

Believe me, I’d gladly trade ac for your pay. But UPS treats you folks a lot worse than FedEx treats us. I don’t want to dread going to work every day.

It’s a job I would dread any job just because my natural state is lazy. I can assure you I don’t dread getting my paycheck on Friday. And at the end of the day that’s really the most important thing.

Thebrownblob

Lol…you make it sound as if this a highly skilled position. If you can fog up a mirror, you’re hired. It IS accessible to anyone with a pulse already..half the current drivers couldn’t make it as a driver in the previous era.

Deduction for the racist remark- makes it sound like you are scared of competition.
Six drivers quit here in the last two months two of them were at scale. I don’t think the “fogging up the mirror” you’re hired comment is working too well. A very large portion of the population would not even consider being put through what we’re put through for 30 days much less 30 years. 🤷‍♂️

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't need a/c if drivers love working so much that they do not need a meal time. Load em' up!

What we do need is heated mirrors if your concern is safety.

UPSER1987

Six drivers quit here in the last two months two of them were at scale. I don’t think the “fogging up the mirror” you’re hired comment is working too well. A very large portion of the population would not even consider being put through what we’re put through for 30 days much less 30 years. 🤷‍♂️
That is just indicative of how soft people are, and how society is….newer ups drivers included. Somebody’s got to fill the seat and that’s where we are now. You gotta be super soft to just walk out on a job like that. That wouldn’t happen back in the day- you stuck it out, especially after 5-7 years of part time. No one wants to put in the work to make it happen.

What'dyabringmetoday???

That is just indicative of how soft people are, and how society is….newer ups drivers included. Somebody’s got to fill the seat and that’s where we are now. You gotta be super soft to just walk out on a job like that. That wouldn’t happen back in the day- you stuck it out, especially after 5-7 years of part time. No one wants to put in the work to make it happen.
So were you born in 1987 or started at UPS that year? Just curious.

Thebrownblob

That’s probably more accurate than not, but it is the reality we live in. Quite frankly people like us are a bargain to the company because we are becoming more and more scarce.

imjanedoe

banned slut
Sorry if I’m late on this but I finally got to check out the package car rentals. Idk if the white paint makes that much of a difference but it wasn’t as hot as a regular brown. Tested out the AC today both doors closed dash fan blowing! It’s over 100 crazy humid hurricane weather. I’ll say it made a huge difference in the day. Cool solution.

imjanedoe

banned slut
Started at UPS in 87. A much simpler time for certain. We actually worked hard, played hard… people got along. Hourly and management alike.
Heard of a few good management ppl they wouldnt give a hard time getting back to the building. The media reporters were like why?! And it’s bc the drivers had respect for them

imjanedoe

banned slut
I never write first names on an InfoNotice bc if that’s a woman who happens to live alone she probably doesn’t want it advertised to the whole world.

You’re paid by the hour, take the time to do your job correctly.
I’m a methods driver. I break route to del business and help those in my loop with air/splits/blowout pickups. More time & miles. I’ve also refused help if I wasn’t going to get my 8. Only save miles on resi cake base routes since I have all day.

I have some crazy cat ladies that won’t open the door. As soon as u start the service cross they come out ✍️ I don’t waste time. Some apartments are 🔐 locked so I honk bang on that door cuz y not just deliver rn. I don’t like bringing back clericals (AP). To all the single women out there: make it look like u live with a man. Just Place some boots outside the door
33038E43-3A24-4B3C-B2A4-B293C6359A71.gif