Bargaining for A/C in Package Cars

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
We have feeder drivers right now working Saturday and Sunday. I guess the drivers will find other work if the company goes 7 day delivery? Somebody will be working.
Feeder drivers grab 4-10’s that are low in seniority because usually those are day runs. A lot of low guys would sacrifice 1 day a weeks pay and 2 hours a day of overtime to not drive nights. This won’t work in package.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
You guys that are so excited about 4, 10s or 3, 12s really can't see passed your own noses can you?

How are the 5, 8s going right now hu? Anyone that thinks they'll only work 4, 10s or 3, 12s is delusional.
Agreed, 4 tens sound good until it’s four 12 or 13’s then they force you a 5th day. Everyone that has been here more than a minute realizes it won’t be 4 tens.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Agreed, 4 tens sound good until it’s four 12 or 13’s then they force you a 5th day. Everyone that has been here more than a minute realizes it won’t be 4 tens.
Can't force in my local. The union could demand this language as well.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
company does not want to bow to best practices made by the union on how to run the company, even when it's painfully obvious we know what's better to cut labor costs than they do.

22.4 in another world would be crushing it in a sprinter van and several drivers in their loop would have a perfectly combed car load. Imagine having the latitude to pick out air and bulk to deliver whatever you see fit to fix the daily dispatch.

imjanedoe

banned slut
Not everyone believes there is global warming. Summer drags about 45 days longer than what it did in the 1970-1980s I’ll have to find the recent article. Old heads had an 80 stop route on paper. Now we have diads that slow us down. We spend more than 18 seconds looking for packages or whatever. Our dispatcher screws up day after day nobody wants to preload it stopped being a skilled job they stopped making bonus too. I’ll support the A/C if it’s lined up stop for stop it won’t be such a waste.
The heater is also worded in the contract. Sheet it up in DVIR

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Not everyone believes there is global warming. Summer drags about 45 days longer than what it did in the 1970-1980s I’ll have to find the recent article. Old heads had an 80 stop route on paper. Now we have diads that slow us down. We spend more than 18 seconds looking for packages or whatever. Our dispatcher screws up day after day nobody wants to preload it stopped being a skilled job they stopped making bonus too. I’ll support the A/C if it’s lined up stop for stop it won’t be such a waste.
The heater is also worded in the contract. Sheet it up in DVIR
140 stops on paper, with a map.

imjanedoe

banned slut
140 stops on paper, with a map.
And I’d prefer the trucks without a gps nav/cradle 🫡 Only thing you need to know is where North is. I like learning how the blocks run & every street that runs parallel to it will run the same. Right turns and alleys whenever possible. We never needed orion to dumb it down. Area knowledge comes later. 140 is the norm if you’re on the 9.5 list 😂

MassWineGuy

This is a great idea. Let’s make this job more accessible so all the Democrats, they/thems, and assorted riff-raff can do it. That won’t hurt our livelihood at all.

Putting those GPS cradles in all the trucks was the first step towards turning us from drivers into steering wheel holders. But it was arguably necessary to stay competitive. A/C is not necessary. There’s no shortage of Mexicans who don’t just tolerate the heat but thrive in it.

My, my. What an incredibly effin’ racist remark.

AC would definitely help. But UPS drivers make many and more frequent stops than us coddled, AC in most vehicles FedEx Express folks.

UPSER1987

This is a great idea. Let’s make this job more accessible so all the Democrats, they/thems, and assorted riff-raff can do it. That won’t hurt our livelihood at all.

Putting those GPS cradles in all the trucks was the first step towards turning us from drivers into steering wheel holders. But it was arguably necessary to stay competitive. A/C is not necessary. There’s no shortage of Mexicans who don’t just tolerate the heat but thrive in it.
Lol…you make it sound as if this a highly skilled position. If you can fog up a mirror, you’re hired. It IS accessible to anyone with a pulse already..half the current drivers couldn’t make it as a driver in the previous era.

Deduction for the racist remark- makes it sound like you are scared of competition.