Bass Pro shops went to FedEx, again

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
We will lose three feeders jobs in the Spingfield, MO area, because Fedex underbid UPS so much that they are actually losing money on the contract just to get it from UPS.

P

purple and orange

We will lose three feeders jobs in the Spingfield, MO area, because Fedex underbid UPS so much that they are actually losing money on the contract just to get it from UPS.

You are badly mistaken, FDX never underbids a contract "Just to get the account"..where are you getting your info from?

From what I heard its rough handling complaints and damaged packages,,,,,,,,,,,,,,same reason why Dell shipped heavy to us last 3 weeks.........j

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My truck has been crammed full of Dell boxes all week, more than usual since its back to school time. I don't see how those fishing poles are going to fair any better on FedEx conveyor belts either.:confused:1

Hootie

Well ...... If Bass Pro went to Fed Ex..... I won't be going to Bass Pro. I have spent a couple of thousand dollars there (catalog and at local Bass Pro) in the past year....... I'll go somewhere else to get what I want.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had a LL Bean box yesterday, I thought someone else had that account. Have been seeing a lot of Spiegel again, and a lot of Sears and JC Penney. One of my customers ordered a Select Comfort Bed a couple of weeks ago. I didn't know we had lost them, it took some airfreight company I never heard of ten days to get it from SC to Atlanta.:confused:1

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
This isn't the first time we have lost Bass Pro, and since Fedex can never seem to provide the quality service we do, we will eventually get them back again.

I have also quit shopping at Bass Pro. I am thinking of sending an email to their customer service department to let them know about it.

Overpaid Union Thug

If you guys are talking about FedEx Express then maybe they won the account because some big whig at Bass Pro Shop's corporate headquarters got tired of service failers and decide to try FedEx again. If you are talking about a ground account then it's probably because RPS is cheaper. That's what some of our former accounts tell us. I have a friend in sales and that is what he runs into allot. I hope they come back to UPS again. It seems to be a game customers play. They get ticked off at one and switch and then after getting ticked off at the other they'll switch back. I know damages play a major part in the decision and I have no clue as to who damages more.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
It was ground and air. 5000 pieces a week. FedEx might be a little cheaper, but that won't last long. DId you read the article in the convoy dispatch about them losing their appeal of the desicion to classify all of their employees as employees and not contractors. They had to have it done by April of this year. They already have one terminal up in Jersey that have voted in the union.

The Article said that they made roughly 1.4 billion in profit, but their pretax hit from the government to make up for the BS they had been pulling with their ground employees could cost them around 1.4 billion.

I'd hate to have to write that check.

Uncle Rico

It's the beginning of the end for Freddy boy and his shell games of earning profits. A year ago, when I worked there, Ground was taking volume from Express by the butt load. In the end Fred was still making the money and more of it having an independent contractor do the work instead of an employee who drove a company truck and had decent health benefits. It won't bankrupt them, but I could see their stock tank a little.

STL--are you out of EC or JeffAve. Got some names of people I would like to know what they're up to if they are still around. I might send you a message someday.

How'd you like that walk-off grand slam tonight agaist the Chubs...sweeet:thumbup1:

Dutch Dawg

....From what I heard its rough handling complaints and damaged packages,,,,,,,,,,,,,,same reason why Dell shipped heavy to us last 3 weeks.........j

Excuse me while I wipe the rest of my glass of milk off the keyboard. I couldn't contain my laughter after reading this one. You go ahead and waste your fantasy on believing FedX has less damage in transit. Reality begs to differ.

hoser

Industrial Slob
What are you basing this on? :confused:1 Pure hearsay and scapegoating. As much as I am a loyal UPSer, we, together as a system to screw over our accounts. Missed scans (due to crappy scanning equipment and over-worked employees who have to load 3 trailers at once), improperly tagged at client's house, horrible handling because we pay our handlers just over minimum wage.

Yves Rocher is next...

And don't blame this on FedEx. Welcome to capitalism, we do the same to FX's accounts and like FX, we are far from prefect.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
hell, if anyone has to worry its the post office. I have been seeing multiple new accounts from the post office that are now ups basic. What a beautiful thing, take an account from the post office, and then stick them with the 10% of rural deliveries. So they loose 90% of an account and we make all the money and everything. Oh by the way, fedex ground does loose money on an account just to get the volume...so whoever said this is WRONG. The dhl guy on my route driver 200+ miles a day for 25 stops....ok. He is now in the process of training another guy because he is quiting. Once this new guy comes along I will take the few pickup accounts that are left in my area that ups doesnt already enjoy. Oh by the way, fedex has none of the accounts in my area except for a letterbox at the truck stop.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
and whats the justification for loosing three feeder jobs for 5000 pieces a week. How many pkgs can be put in a feeder. do you know what your talking about????

rushfan

We lost dell?!? I don't think so. My car was crammed with them the past 4 days.

It is true they underbid/undercut. It happened to one of my accounts. After a few weeks of dealing with 2 different services i.e. which driver does this go to, they switched back.

VoiceOfReason

Telling it like it is
We lost dell?!? I don't think so. My car was crammed with them the past 4 days.

It is true they underbid/undercut. It happened to one of my accounts. After a few weeks of dealing with 2 different services i.e. which driver does this go to, they switched back.

We lost Dell to FedEx temporarily like 2 years ago, and they messed it up so bad that Dell came back, but from what I hear from my post office friend is that the post office will be Dells shipper very soon. It has a new twist. The post office won't be delivering them, the people have to come to the office and pick them up.

Dell is a nightmare anyways. I'm sure we make a ton of money but the hoopla surrounding getting these delivered to residentials is crazy. I get so many "Delivery after 530pm" requests and when I tell them no I get the "I'm calling Dell and having them switch to FedEx" lines all the time.

It makes me mad the UPS is made the villan because of Dell.

wily_old_vet

We lost Dell to FedEx temporarily like 2 years ago, and they messed it up so bad that Dell came back, but from what I hear from my post office friend is that the post office will be Dells shipper very soon. It has a new twist. The post office won't be delivering them, the people have to come to the office and pick them up.

Dell is a nightmare anyways. I'm sure we make a ton of money but the hoopla surrounding getting these delivered to residentials is crazy. I get so many "Delivery after 530pm" requests and when I tell them no I get the "I'm calling Dell and having them switch to FedEx" lines all the time.

It makes me mad the UPS is made the villan because of Dell.

Voice-Old news. That experiment and went (failure) months ago.

A

Anonymous33

I just got a job up here in springfield mo at UPS so i thought i would check out this board.

I use to work at the call center at BPS and I don't know why they switched to Fed X.

From my experience Fed X recived the majority of shipping complaints. I would estimate that Fed X got 70% of complaints. I know that doesn't sound like a big number but UPS usually had the better rates for the area so the customer usually went through you guys.

More packages going out and less compliants? I can say from my experience that BPS didn't switch for their customers but for the bottom line.

I know I worked at the call center but I just graduated from college and I was trying to get my foot in the door there. I have heard from some of the contacts I made that BPS is not a good organization. J Morris is not a nice man no matter how much money he donates to the wildlife.

He does not pay his employees hardly anything for the volume of money they are making him. BPS is making record profits but a entry level position averages about 22,000. I was also told that raises are few and far between.

Sorry I started to rant a little bit but I started working at BPS liking the organization since I was a KID and I left hating the place.